Kaname's Gone

I lay in bed panting and trying to calm my shaking lower body. For the fourth time that night, Kaname made me lose control and explode. We were both drenched in sweat, thoroughly sated, and blissfully exhausted. After the first round at the bathroom door, we did it on my dresser, on the floor, and on the bed with me on top. He demanded more, claiming that he hasn't had his fill yet, so I gave him more. He was rough then gentle then rough again. He was extra needy tonight and as shameless as it may sound, I loved every second of it! From the way he rammed himself inside me to how his hands would tighten on my hips as I clench around him, up to when his fingers would dig deep on my skin as he took us both higher and higher until we combust simultaneously. I guess this is what we do best together: making sweet, passionate love. We both get to express our affection for each other this way, especially Kaname whose language of love is touch.

A pair of warm lips covering mine distracted me from my inner musings, I slowly opened my eyes to see my beloved husband staring at me affectionately. His beautiful face looked extra appealing in the soft light of the table lamp.

"I love you," I murmured as I rubbed the tip of my nose with his. "So... Very... Much."

"And I, you," Kaname inched his face closer to give me another kiss.

I parted my lips at the slightest touch of his tongue. The kiss deepened until I could feel my body wanting more... So much for being 'sated.'

"Again?" I asked, my voice husky and dripping with desire.

"Do you want to?" he asked against my lips, his tongue teasing mine.

I answered him by parting my legs and wrapping them around his waist. I heard him chuckle as he prepared to enter me and I smile.

Mmm, more...

By the time fifth round ended, I could no longer move. I was all maxed out for the night, so to speak. Mr. Stamina, on the other hand, still had loads of energy to spare. He carried me to the bathroom, cleaned the both of us up, and tucked me to bed. I fell asleep in the warm cocoon that was his embrace.

~~~

The space next to mine was empty when I woke up the next day. I rolled on my back and slowly opened my eyes. My room was dark, thanks to the drawn blackout curtains. The glow in the dark hands and numbers of my alarm clock told me it's already seven.

"Anata?" I called out, my voice rough from sleep.

No answer.

I cleared my throat and tried again, "Anata?"

Still no answer.

I sat up and pulled the comforter closer, the air-conditioner was at twenty-two degrees but it felt colder because it was raining outside. I comb my hair with my fingers and look around. My eyes zeroed in on my discarded clothes on the floor, a naughty smile lifted the corners of my mouth as I recalled last night's events. I caressed my flat belly. Surely, after all that, I'm already pregnant... Right? It was how we did it last time, the only difference was that we knew each other's bodies better and we were a lot more daring this time around. We experimented a lot last night, I feel a bit sore here and there but that won't stop us from doing more of those again later. A delicious shiver ran through my body at the thought.

Finally, I decided to get out of bed. I turn off the A/C, part the curtains, then open the windows. I was still in my birthday suit but I didn't care, we have firewalls standing on the three corners of our house and my bedroom windows were next to the mango tree my father planted when he found out that mum was pregnant. It was tall, lush, and the same age as me. My room's view was the tree's foliage, I doubt the birds and insects living in it would mind seeing me in my nakedness.

I grabbed my clothes on the floor and placed them on the hamper. Thinking that Kaname's probably in the bathroom, I slowly opened its door to sneak an attack on him. My eyes dimmed as soon as I saw how empty it was. No one was inside, there was no sign of my husband. I closed the door with a frown. I glanced at the hamper on my way to the dresser to get a hair tie. I stop in my tracks when I realized something. The clothes Kaname borrowed from Charles were gone... But I was sure I saw them there yesterday! I looked around and found that the bag they came in was nowhere to be seen as well. I felt my heart stop then beat faster than hummingbird wings as a bone chilling thought formed in my head: Kaname's gone.

"No," I shook my head. "Don't be ridiculous, Hina. He's probably just downstairs."

I put on the first piece of clothing I could find, which was a sundress, and hurried downstairs.

"Anata?" I called again as I went down the stairs. "Where are you?"

I checked every corner of the house's first floor but I couldn't find my Kaname. I went back upstairs to inspect the rest of the bedrooms but there was still no sign of him. I slump on the floor in a heap when I saw that the guest bedroom looked like it's been unused these past two days.

Was it all a dream? Kaname is here and Charles is Riku, right?

"God, please no..." I was crying now. I took a couple of deep breaths to try and calm myself down but failed. "Kaname!"

I ran to my room to get my phone. My trembling fingers unlock it and I hastily call Charles' number.

"Answer me, damn it!" I half shouted, half cried in frustration. "Charles, pick the fuck up!"