A Lot Of Things Has Definitely Happened In The Past Twenty-Four Hours

Caught off guard, I let out a squeal which was then muffled by Kaname's hand. I was pressed against the wall, his free arm still around my waist. I looked up to see that he was focused on whatever it was outside.

"Mmm!" I moaned against his hand which was tightly clamping down my mouth, making it impossible for me to utter a word.

Kaname looked down and met my questioning eyes, his hand automatically loosened but remained pressed against my lips.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's someone outside, he's been pacing the foreyard for awhile now," he answered. "Stay here while I check who it is."

He was about to leave but I stopped him. "Anata, let me go with you."

"No, it could be someone dangerous," he shook his head. "Stay here."

My mouth twitched, he was on full shogun mode but it wasn't necessary. Whoever was outside was probably someone I know and need not be scared out of his wits by whatever move he was going to pull on him.

"There's a huge chance that I might know that person," I snaked an arm on his and turned the doorknob with my free hand. "Let's go see who it is together."

My face fell when I saw who was outside. Wearing a pair of khaki Bermuda shorts and a striped sweater, Tyler paused mid-step when he saw the front door open. His frown met my frown and displeasure pooled in his eyes the moment they landed on the sight of my arm entwined with Kaname's.

"Why are you here?" I asked him flatly.

"Who's he?" Tyler asked, ignoring my question.

"Who let you in our village? If I remember correctly, mum has written and told the association that you're banned from entering this place."

"Charles is obviously here as evidenced by his car, but there's another man beside you," he eyed Kaname disdainfully before sneering at me. "Are you into a polyamorous relationship with him and this guy?"

I stiffened but immediately relaxed. Letting go of Kaname's arm, I walked down the porch steps to stand in front of Tyler. Then, without saying anything, I grabbed his shoulders and kneed him. I heard him grunt as soon as my knee cap met his gut.

"If there is one thing in my life I regret, it's meeting you," I told him, completely disgusted. "I can't believe I was once head over heels for an asshole like you!"

"You!" he managed to say while coughing, he was totally not expecting me to hit him.

"Your cousin is and will forever be a special person on my life," I told him. "No matter what happens, we'll always have each other's back. You can humiliate me or destroy my property, but don't you dare talk ugly about my loved ones!"

"So I was right," he accused while still clutching his midsection. "You're indeed in an indecent rela—"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence because he was sent flying by Kaname's swift kick. With a glare similar to when he was sentencing the Hasekura elders, Kaname grabbed his collar and lifted him like he was a piece of paper.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Tyler," Kaname said in perfect English, causing my jaw to drop.

Wait... He knew how to speak English!? Since when!? How!?

I was still getting over my shock when he continued...

"I have heard so many things about you," he shifted to my mother tongue.

I looked at him in a daze, not caring that he looked absolutely scary. He knew how to speak three languages and my brain was having a hard time processing it.