Chapter 21

I called Sarita to come get the kids for a few hours while I talked to Marie cause I'm about to get to the bottom of this real fast.

"Marie what do you know about my kids?", I said just coming straight out with it.

"What do you mean?", she asked looking like a lost and confused puppy.

"You know what I'm talking about now answer my d*mn question before we have some problems in here", I said getting mad.

"Okay, I haven't seen them in a while but once I seen all of them at once I knew they were Paige's boys. Paige is my ex boyfriend's cousin and when we dated we were over there a lot so I used to be with them sometimes but as you can see I look a little different from a few years ago", she said looking up and down at herself and yes I do agree she look different, she look even worst than she did when I first met her before I got pregnant with Mayanna. "But when I see them now they even act different, they were never this quiet, Paige used to have them starving at times, snotty noses, dirty diapers, and they just stunk. Their house was always clean though and Paige always looked good. If they went out they always looked A1 but behind closed doors was something else. Then their daddy left them, he asked for joint custody but Paige felt like if she couldn't have him then they couldn't have their father so she moved and I haven't seen her since then"
"What? This woman is crazy then, she make sure she look good and she made sure they looked good when they went out but at home she kept them like some hood rat kids who mama had them to early"

"Well I really don't think you can say anything about having a kids to early but yeah. And their dad's been looking for them every since she left. He has no idea where they went. I don't even think he know about the baby"

"How does he not know?"

"Because they were always off and on, they would get together shed end up pregnant, she'd do something stupid and he'd leave but the last time is when she moved and I know him like we're not close but I know him that's how I know he don't know about Sam. And Paige cheated on Oshon, they daddy, with this other nigga that she lied to the boys about saying that he was their daddy instead of Oshon so when tha dude left they thought they daddy left"

"D*mn, are you for sure cause that's a lot of stuff and this could help us in court"

"It is but to be 1000 with you right now, I think you should see how they daddy doing and if he good then he should get his boys back. I mean he all the way in Louisiana but I know he's still looking for them"

"But these are my boys Marie, I got beat up for them and I don't want them to leave"

"I understand but put yo self in his shoes, would you want May back?", she asked getting up from the stool.
"Well you ain't gotta answer that now but you just killed my high so I'm gonna go find my big headed cousin to get something and I'll see you later on tonight probably"

I didn't even say anything to her I just thought about it because I would want somebody to give me Mayanna after I've been looking for her but I'd understand why the other parents would feel some type of way. But at the same time if they were taking care of her...no I'd still want her back. Ugh but if she didn't know me then she would pick the people she did know who were taking care of her so maybe they'll choose us over their dad...nope that didn't even sound right and it came from me, I guess we'll just have to see what their dad says, if it's the truth then it's the kids choice on who they go to but if not they're mine.

QUINCY'S POV

I went to the trap and after we handled business I went to the office with Chauncey and we were just smoking, rolling up a lot of blunts just getting high when Marie came in.