Chapter 9

"We have a call saying there was a disturbing the peace. Somebody heard yelling and called from the address", I let out a breath of relief when he said that because I thought I was going to jail for my job.

"What's the problem officer?", Syn asked coming down the stairs in her bathrobe

"Somebody called because they heard screaming", I said looking at her

"Yeah somebody called from this address", the officer said

"Oh my gosh Quincy, May. She called because of me screaming", she said gasping, putting her hand over her mouth

"Aye officer it's all good. I was just handling business with my girl and my daughter probably heard her screaming. I told you to be quiet, that's why I gave you the pillow", I said laughing

"Quincy that is super not funny", she hid her face in embarrassment

"I'm sorry officer we'll try to be more quiet or make sure my daughter isn't home"

"Okay just try to keep it down"

"Yes sir. Thanks officer", he turned around and got back in his car and drove off. I closed and locked the door then went back upstairs.

"Oh my gosh Quincy what was so embarrassing", Syn said still limping getting in the covers she changed. I swear she do the most, she was up here for a couple of minutes and the bed all the way different.

"What? That just mean I'm doing my job", I told her getting in the bed with her

"Uh uh go check on my daughter and tell her I'm okay. You need to explain to her..."

"I am not about to tell my daughter about that"

"You need to tell her something cause I don't want her calling the police"

"No I'll get the next kid"

"There won't be a next kid to explain to if you don't tell May"

"Fine I'll talk to her in the morning"

"No she called tonight so you tell her tonight or you won't get none another night"

"Alright fine", I cursed under my breath and I went to check on May and she was under the bed hiding with her feet out. "Mayanna come here I wanna talk to you", she got up from under the bed and down next to me.

"Daddy was I wrong for calling the police?", she asked with her head down

"No baby you did the right thing. You thought your mom was in trouble but she's fine, you wanna go see her?"

"Yeah", I held her hand and we walked back to our room. "Mommy!!", when she saw her she jumped on the bed to get to her, and got under the covers with her.

"Hey baby, I'm right here and I'm fine okay?"

"Okay"

"How about this, if somebody is in danger we gone yell a safe word. And if the safe word isn't yelled then don't yell it okay?", I said looking at May

May: "Okay. How about cooking"

Syn: "No we use that word to much"

May: "Help! That would make since right?"

Me: "Yeah but we don't want other people to know what we mean. It's an insider"

May: "Okay then y'all figure it out because I'm running out of ideas"

Syn: "How about Thuggah"

May: "That's live, be like yeah cause we THUGGAH"

Me: "Yeah", I swear I love my daughter. Ain't nobody like her, she's an original. A lil version of my and a lil of her mama.

Syn: "Alright now that that's out of the way, let's go to sleep. I'm tired and we have stuff to do in the morning. Oh and May are you going with me or your dad tomorrow?"

May: "I wanna go with Dedrick, he's funny"

Syn: "Okay Dedrick it is", she kissed her head and then we all laid down and went to sleep.

My beautiful and most important ladies. There's nothing I wouldn't do for them. I'd take anything for them to live a good life and to keep them safe at all times. I know things aren't perfect but I'm trying and I'm not trying to let them slip through the cracks again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES

I HAVE GOOD NEWS...I WILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE WAY SOONER BECAUSE I NOW HAVE A WAY TO TYPE MY CHAPTERS SO IF I KEEP UPDATING DON'T WORRY I'M JUST GETTING THESE CHAPTERS OVER WITH SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN READ WHAT THEY HAVEN'T READ ALREADY.

VOTE

COMMENT

& DON'T FORGET TO READ TRACY'S POV IN THE BOOK 'HAVING A THUG' BY 'SIMONETOOCUTE'. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.