Chapter 11

I woke up at 7:30 in the morning and I went to go wake Mayanna up so she could take a shower and get ready to go get her hair done.

"Mayanna wake up and get dressed so we can go. You have an hour and a half to get yo stuff and take a  shower. And if you want to eat make some cereal and come on, we have a busy day", I closed her door and went in my closet. I got out some blue jean shorts that had little holes that were covered, a red shirt and my black and gold sandals, with gold jewelry. I put my hair in a satin cap and  grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to see Quincy dressed in all black.

"Hey baby what are you doing today?", I said walking in front of the tv to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm about to go to the trap and check on some things, go to the studio and make sure everything is in tact and where it's supposed to be"

"Okay. Mayanna. Let's go!", she came down wearing the same thing I was wearing except her red shirt had rhinestones on and I had on a blue jean vest.

"I'm ready. Bye daddy", she kissed him on his cheek and he kissed me on the lips and we left. I drove the Audi and we watched the sunrise as we rode to the beauty salon, which took half an hour.

"Hey Mayanna hey Syn. How are y'all?", my aunt Peggy asked when we came in. She's not my real aunt but her and my mom are like sister and she works at the salon with my beautician

"Hey aunt Peggy", Mayanna ran over to her giving her a hug

"Hey. Is Nikki here? I have her doing May's hair today"

"Actually she called in sick and I just got here so I haven't been able to cancel any disappointments"

"Shoot I'm on a time frame today and I need her hair done for my grand opening tonight"

"Oh yeah I was gone get Yvette (my beautician) to do my hair to go but what do you want done?

"What you want May?

"Hmm I want my hair to be curly"

"Alright come on, I'll do it for you"

"Thank you so much", I gave her a hug and then I walked into Ms. Yvette's part of the salon

"Hey Syn, oh I can't wait to do something different to your hair"

"Oh my I am scared", I said sitting down in the chair

"No don't be it's just something different and I think you'll like it"

"Okay what are you changing?"

"I want to trim your hair down a little, add some color and highlights, and straighten you hair so you can put it up easily for when you dance"

"Okay but what colors are you putting in my hair?"

"Brown with blonde highlights. It's going to look beautiful"

"Alright I trust you"

"Good. So how have things been with you and Quincy?"

"Actually we've been pretty good. Every relationship goes through a lot so it's good y'all are at a good place right now", she talked and finished my hair, and when I tell you I was absolutely loving it. It brought me cheek bones out more like she said it would and I looked like a new person, which was good because I felt like a new person.

A new stressed out person. I still have to go get my nails done, eyebrows done, feed Mayanna, and get out dresses. Her stuff is already ready but I have to but my stuff. I hate last minute stuff and that's exblackly what this is. And yes I said exblackly.