Chapter 7

"Daddy", I was about to pull my gun out but then he took off the mask and it was my cousin Dedrick. "Haha we fooled you"

"Don't do that no more you almost died"

"My bad bruh I just wanted to see my little cousin now that she's back. You need to spend a day with me, you gone have a whole bunch of fun"

"Hey Dedrick", Synia came out the bathroom and walked up to him giving him a hug.

"What up girl I ain't seen you since you was bigger. Why you so skinny?"

"Stress kept me from eating"

"I'm happy May is better but you need to eat something. You look unhealthy or like somebody just sucked a bunch of fat from you"

"Thank you so much Dedrick for that good word about my weight", Syn said being sarcastic.

"Hey anything to help. May come on you're staying with me for a week"

"Noo. I want mommy", she went and ran behind Synia almost making her fall over.

"Whooaa. What's the matter May? You've been attatched every since we left Houston", I said picking her up.

"No I want mommy", she fought her way down and went back to Synia.

"Baby what's the matter?", she asked squatting down in front of her.

"It's just...I missed you a lot. I don't want to stay without you"

"Alright baby I won't leave you. Umm it's getting late so let's go", Synïa said standing up holding her hand.

"Wait. Mayanna you don't miss me?"

"How could I miss my craziest cousin in the world. I miss you but I don't want to me without my mommy at night"

"What about your dad?", I asked acting offended

"You always leave at night. Mommy's always there to tuck me in and she's always there when I wake up. I'm surprised you're here right now. You didn't have to work?", when she said my heart almost broke and then they left

"Dang I ain't every hard get talk like that. What happened?", Dedrick asked after they walked off

"Bro, I don't even know. I need to talk to her though. I'm not digging the tension"

"Yeah you need to, and fast,p. But what you finna go do?"

"Go home. I gotta get up and go to work in the morning and I have too work all day. Chauncey got on my a** as soon as he v walked on and saw me"

"He needa chill out tho cause he was gone for how long getting married and on a honeymoon. Yo daughter was sick and on her death need. Yo reason is better than his so he needa chill out"

"For real tho. Well I'm finna go to the house and talk to Mayanna and then get ready for tomorrow"

"Aight holla at me", I dapped him up and then I locked the studio and drove home

SYNÏA'S POV

"Mayanna go get on the tub and I'll make us some chili dogs and we need to talk"

"Okay", she grabbed her clothes and walked to the bathroom and I went to the kitchen and got the chili and got dogs I got on the way back to the hotel. I made Mayanna's plate and she came out with her stuffed Debbie doll and say down at the table. I put her late in front of her and said grace and ate.

"Now Mayanna, what's going on?"

"Nothing"

"I'm your mother and I can see straight through that. Now tell me, what's the matter?"