Chapter 14

I UPDATED THE LAST CHAPTER EARLY BEFORE I FINISHED SO IF YOU STOPPED WHEN OSHEA SAID "YES SIR" YOU DIDN'T READ ALL OF IT SO REFRESH IT SO YOU CAN GET THE WHOLE CHAPTER AND UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW. IF YOU COMMENT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON I'M NOT RESPONDING TO YOU. IJS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello officers, what's going on?", I asked walking up to them with Mayanna behind me

"Hello ma'am. And..."

"No officer I'd rather Oshea here tell her what happened", Quincy said interrupting the officer leaning against the banister with his arms crossed.

"Okay. Well Oshea", I said looking at him

"Y'all ain't my parents, I don't have to explain nothing to y'all", he said with an attitude.

"Man...", Quincy started to yell but I stopped him.

"Alright that's fine with me. You'd rather have a hard knocks life than come up, then fine. But I know this, you're making things harder for your siblings. Go ahead and be grown living on the streets until CPS come for you, until you're in jail, or until you're dead. Those are you options but Sammy and Khalil aren't going through that. So officers I'm sorry for wasting your time, Oshea may go with you", I grabbed Sammy's hand, he grabbed Khalil's hand and I grabbed May's hand with my free hand as Quincy walked behind us.

"Wait! Ms. Synï", I heard Oshea but Quincy kept on walking.

"Quinn wait"

"For what? I'm not finna deal with a disrespectful kid that ain't mine. I got mouths to feed, business to take care of and a family to provide for"

"Okay I understand that but take them to the car and I'll be there in a little"

"Daddy can we got to the toy store please?", May asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Aight y'all come on since y'all the good ones"

They all jumped up cheering and screaming. That brought a smile on my face and I walked back over to Oshea.

"Yes?", I asked crossing my arms looking at him in handcuffs.

"Can I tell you what happened?"

"I don't want you wasting my time..."

"Just please?"

"Officers?"

"Go ahead"

"Alright what happened Oshea"

"Alright well Mr. Quincy brought us into the store and we were all shopping for shoes. He bought me a backpack as well and we tried on a lot of shoes we wanted but I wanted some clothes to so I put some clothes in the backpack. I told Khalil to create a distraction while Sammy ran out the store. He pretended to fall and make some clothes fall and say he was hurt so while everyone's focus was on him, I told Sammy to run out the store and since everyone was focused on Khalil they'd tell me to go get Sammy. I ran out the door and the alarms went off. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that there was an officer by the door already and he tried to catch up to me, which he did, but when he grabbed me it brought flashbacks so I punched him in the face and all the other officers came"

"Why? You did all of this when you could have just asked for what you wanted"

"Because. It's just the way I grew up. When my mom was here we always planned robberies to get what we wanted, I never thought of asking"