Chapter 3

Doctor: "Mr. and Mrs. Latimore may I speak with you for a moment?", Quincy and I got up and followed him to his office

Me: "What's going on?"

Doctor: "Well we were going short on supplies for about a month or two now and we thought someone was stealing so we looked at th security cameras. Mr. Latimore you remember when there was a man running in th hallway and bumped into us making all the papers fall?"

Quincy: "Yes", I was looking so confused like what does this have to do with anything?

Doctor: "Your blood tests got mixed in with another patients blood test and I've just recieved yours back and they do match Mayanna"

When I heard that I walked out the office. They tried to play me for the Cookie Monster but I knew what was real the whole time. I've only had unprotected sex with him and in high school he was the only person. I'm not dumb and I'm not thontchet (thot and ratchet), I know who my baby daddy is.

Wood: "What he say?"

Me: "He got Quincy's and another person's blood test mixed up and they got the test back and it say Quincy is Mayanna's father", I said blowing out a breath sitting down

D-Ray: "Well that solves that question but we all knew that"

Me: "Apparently not. The most important person that really needed to believe that didn't so I guess that's where we are in life. I'm tired y'all for real", my voice was just above a whisper. "I'm just ready to take my baby home. I don't feel like being bothered right now so can everybody just not"

Quincy: "Syn let me holla at you right fast"

Me: "No", I put my earpholne and I tuned everybody out. The doctor saying my daughter had some hours to live and I'm going to be by myself until I see what God has to say. When I could I went back into her room and I talked to her just talking about all the good times we had together. "Hey baby I wish you coudld wake up for me and get better so I can take you home with me. Where ever you want to go I'll go. If you want to stay here we can, if you want to go to Africa we can go, just wake up. I can't promise you everything but I'll do my best. I want you making sure I'm the first person you see...", I was crying holding her hand. Y'all just don't know how hard it is for a mother to see her first child in the hospital bed fighting for their life. The person you carried for 9 month with, the person you almost died having, it's just painful to see.

*Knock Knock Knock

Quinn: 'Is she doing any better?", he opened the door slowly and came over to her looking at her holding her other hand and I didn't say anything. "Come on Syna don't be like that", I wasn't even going to give him the satisfactioln of talking to him. He said what he wanted and I let him. I'd be a fool to run back into his arms like that. I'm not forgiving him for what he said because he wa wrong for that.

I got up and walked out the room and he followed me. I went and sat in between Sarita and D;Ray so he wouldn't sit next to me. Everybody left to go get something to eat and I decided to call Tracy since I haven't talked to her since she graduated.

PHONE CALL

Me: "Hey Trace what you doing?'

Tracy: "SYNIA!! Oh my gosh I haven't talked to you in forever. Sarita told me about Mayanna, how are things?"

Me: "Not good. They said she's not going to make it and they want to pull the plug"

Tracy: "Syn I am so sorry..."

Me: "It's not your fault. I know this though, if I decide to have anymore kids they aren't leaving me. I won't let them get to far away from me. But I don't know if I want to go through that again"

Tracy: "Yeah I feel the same cause Bubba is enough for me alone so havig two of him is just, man, I can't do it"

Me: "Haha how is my lil munchkin anyway?"

Tracy: "He's good. After going through what he did he's doing pretty good. Him and Ricko are thick as thieves now though. Whenever I see one I see the other one. It's annoying at time though. He won't even let me tuck him in at night, he always ask for his dad", I chuckled and my eyes got watery agai because I started thinking about me and Quincy always tucking Mayanna in and telling her bedtime stories.

Me: "That's good they're getting along though"

Tracy: "Yeah it is" *Crash "Godang it I told y'all not to play in there cause y'all were going to break something", I heard her yelling and I could her footsteps. "Girl Ricko and Bubba just broke my vase. I'm gonna have to call you back", I just started laughing.

Me: "Okay"

Tracy: "And keep your head up. There's always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"

Me: "Thanks"

Tracy: "No problem. I'm keeping her in my prayers but let me go and I'll call you back later"

Me: "Alright. Bye"

Tracy: "Bye"

END OF PHONE CALL

I just laughed at them, I miss then and I can't wait to go back home and get in my bed. Something was telling me to go to Mayanna's room so I got some ice chips and I went back in her room and sat down. I held her hand and one of my tears fell on her hand. I opened my eyes and she started opening her eyes.

"Mo-mommy"

"Baby I'm right here, oh my gosh thank you God", I said looking up. "How you feeling baby?'

"I feel sore. What happened?", she was the same before she left. She wasn't acting slow or like she wasn't going to be changed. I promise you prayer works. My daughter is the same THANK-YOU GOD!!!!!

"You're in the hospital mamas. I am so happy you're awake. Do you remember anything that happened?"

"Well I remember being in the car with granny and then there was a big truck coming towards us. I remember seeing bright lights and hearing sirens and after that nothing"

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you woke. The doctors were saying you weren't going to make it because it was a bad wreck. They said you took a toll for the worst and every negative thing you could hear at a hospital, and if you did make it you wouldn't be the same"

"Really?"

"Yeah you're a fighter baby girl. Luchador. And you fought hard baby", she startd giggling and I kissed her on her head. I got up to tell th doctors she was woke and they rmoved some machines she was hooked on. Everybody came in to see her and before I knew it her room was full of stuffed animals, balloons, toys, just everything she loved, We stayed a few more days and before I knew it she was released.

"So baby where do you want to go?", I asked holding her hand walking out the hospital as the nurse pushed her and Quincy behind us.

"Mommy, daddy, I want to go home"