[ n i n e ]

Hongseok could hold the heartbreak no longer and he fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as his grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears when he lay on his bed in the chilly night. Gut-wrenching sobs tore through his chest and his body wracked with an onslaught of sobs and tears and thinking of what he could've done. He couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned throughout the night, trying to find a reason to sleep. But guilt ripped through his heart and his mind could only find reasons to stay awake. He looked up at the ceiling, with no tears left to cry and decided he would look for Jinho's body in the morning- at least, that's the last thing he could do for his friend.
Hongseok was awake for the whole night, planning what he would do and where he would go. And the moment he saw the first rays of warm sunlight shining through the window, he jumped up and grabbed his coat and fumbled for his car keys and went out to the chilly morning air. He ran onto the sidewalk and scrambled into his car as he busted off into the quiet streets. Every turn he made his car go was filled with determination as he recalled the text message he saw Jinho receive from an unknown number the other day:

unknown number: Jo Jinho, aged 28. The oldest member of Pentagon,
smolbeanho: yes, i am the man you mentioned. what's wrong?
unknown number: meet me in Gonjiam Psychiatric Hospital, 4th floor, room 666, 12am sharp if you don't want hongseok to die.

Hongseok then asked Jinho about the confusing and creepy text but Jinho just shrugged the question off and walked away.
'Gonjiam Psychiatric Hospital, 4th floor, room 666,' Hongseok whispered to himself as he turned into another street and stopped at a red light. He had memorized the address by heart already and was getting impatient as he looked at the red angry stop light flashing at him.
And all of a sudden, everything blurred around him and he saw himself just days ago in the practise room with Jinho, standing in front of him and nervously scuffling his feet. And the red stoplight transformed into a beautiful red rose that Jinho was holding. Jinho was staring at him with his hazel brown eyes and said softly, 'Hongseok?' he stammered as he looked down nervously, 'What if I told you that I like you-' His sentence almost ending with a whisper. Hongseok hesitated for a while and answered truthfully, 'I'm sorry Jinho but- i- i don't like you that way- I- I'm so sorry,'