[[EPILOGUE]]

"Uncle Gil. Uncle Gil, wake up! Come on, wake up!", was the voice that I heard waking up.

It sounded again from another child as I opened my eyes, "Uncle Gil, uncle Gil! It's the first day of school! Come on!"

"I'm up, I'm up!" Sitting up, I realized that the two of them were in my room. My nephew and my niece were in my room, hopping on my bed. My own twins were probably out in the living room with Matthew, Alfred, and Arthur.

The latter two had gotten married five years before, and immediately adopted twins.

Matthew and I had gotten married two years after them, and we adopted recently. My twins were still infants, and life couldn't be any better for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat out in the living room with Arthur and Mattie, and pretty soon, Allison and Connor ran or from Gilbert's room, pulling my brother in law behind them. "You two should be outside! You don't wanna miss the bus!"

They both ran outside when I said that and I chuckle to myself about how much that our twisted little family was like full house. I felt warm, small arms snake around my waist as a British head propped itself onto my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received a kiss from Alfred and blushed lightly, his little acts of affections still getting to me. I could see our two children out the window, waiting for the bus on their first day of primary school.

I gave Alfred's waist a squeeze, and I could feel his heart beating as I rested my head against his strong back. He turned around and picked me up, taking me over to the couch. I saw Matthew raise an eyebrow at me and I shrugged.

I was set down on the couch, Alfred snuggling with me. He held me around the waist, and I could slowly feel his start to drift of to sleep.

God, he was such a good parent, a good husband, a good everything... and he didn't even know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw Alfred and Arthur, again, in one of their moments, as our twins were starting to doze off again on the damp morning. I even felt tired, and obviously, so did my brother and brother in law. I heard Gilbert come out of our room again. The twins were asleep.

He came over to me and gave me a kiss on the neck from behind. I tilted my head a little to give him more access, and he ended it early.

I turned around and put my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat, his breathing. I smelled him and took everything in about that moment. I felt his fingers tilt my chin up and he gave me a quick kiss. I smiled and knew that everything was okay.

Everything was going to be okay.