Arthur

I finished texting Alfred and we had decided he would hang out at my house for a bit, after hearing thoroughly about his water issue. I heard a car pull up on my street and I went to the door. Sure enough, in the car was Alfred in all his gorgeousness. I had an almost flash back, remembering the dream I had last night. Once again, he got to my door and didn't look at my face. I didn't expect him too, but I still wanted to see his blue eyes...

I showed him in and up to my room, while my dad raised his eyebrows at me on the way up. I looked back at him and shrugged, meaning that I didn't know the answer to what he was asking. The look he have me was one obviously directed at Alfred, and if we were together. I didn't know yet, so, like I said, I just shrugged. We got up to my room and I put my guitar in the corner where it belonged.

Upon seeing it was an electric with an amplifier, Alfred asked, "Woah, you play, dude? That's so cool! Play something!" He was eager to hear something, an I didn't want I disappoint a fan. "Sure, anything you know in here?", I asked, handing him a book of modern songs that I had mastered. He flipped through it and eventually coming to a stop at a page, nodding his head.

"This one. On the right.", he told me, holding the page with his finger as he gave me the book back. The title of the song was American Idiot. I internally rolled my eyes and picked up my guitar to plug it into the amp. He sat across from me on the bed, waiting in anticipation for me to start.

I turned the volume on the amp not too loud, but loud enough to hear. I strummed a few times, warming up a bit, and then put the book in front of me so I could read it. I started to play, slowly growing more familiar with the song as my fingers recognized it again.

Then something funny happened. He was looking at my face as I was reading the music. A lifted my eyes unnoticeably and saw the wonderful blue eyes of his finally. A was mesmerized, but looked back at the book to continue.

Then another funny thing happened. I faintly heard Alfred humming the song. He was looking up with his eyes closed. I almost chuckled at this but held it in. It was cute, I thought. His humming grew louder and more confident, and by the end of the song, he was singing softly to it. He heard the guitar music stop as I ended and he abruptly cut himself off, a barely visible blush on his face. He laughed a bit as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? It's a- a good song!"

"I never said it wasn't, you just have a good singing voice."

I chuckled a bit when he pouted and put my guitar away, turning the amplifier off and placing the book back onto my bookshelves. He saw me do this and gasped.

"W-What are you- you have, I mean... You actually read those things!?", he gulped. I gave him a 'duh' look and said, "Well no, I just keep these here because I haven't read them, yes of course I have! Why else would the books be on my bookshelf, you git?"