Arthur

I needed to do something. I read the last page of my book quickly, for it was literally only two sentences. I had nothing else to do, and it was 10 o'clock. I looked over to Alfred, who was just finishing his cereal that I just knew was loaded with extra sugar he put on. He was definitely not the quiet type.

So many random thoughts popped into my head and some of them were so stupid that I knew I was just that bored. I got up and sighed. I stepped in the doorway to the kitchen and said, "I'm bored."

"Me too, British dude."

Now I had to think of something to do. But before I could even start turning the gears in my head, Alfred said, "Wait. If we are both bored... Just hold on, I got an idea."

He sped passed me and up the stairs. He came back down in no time with his laptop.

"I haven't gone to one of these in forever, dude. You're gonna love it."

[[MOST MASSIVE TIME SKIP EVER]]

Afraid, I sat in the passengers seat while he parked the car at a large building. He wouldn't tell me what this was, who it was with, or what to do here exactly. All I knew was that there were glow-sticks involved.

He made me put on tons of snapped and lit-up glow-sticks. He did the same, and then we stepped out of his car. I looked around the parking lot and saw a few other people also wearing too many glow-sticks.

As we got closer to the building, I thought I heard music. The other people got to the door the same time we did, but before they opened it, Alfred stopped them rudely. "Guys, it's his first one. I need to warn him first."

The first person there was a... a- well, I wasn't sure. Unless... well, the person looked like a neko, but I didn't think they were real. Hey, maybe they were.

She was albino, and wore a red spaghetti strap tank top and short shorts. Obviously, her tail was white, along with her ears. The whole "possibly a neko" thing still made me a little uneasy. Her friend was also a neko, or something. She was definitely younger, only about 14 or so, and had golden hair, ears and tail, but with a white tail tip and white ear tips. The ends of her hair were also dyed white. How interesting.

The smaller one piped up surprisingly before Alfred did. "Okay, basically, these parties are intense. The music is so loud that you just wanna fly or something, and the whole thing is practically glow-stick themed. The music in here is fast and loud, like I said, and people like to do drugs here. Don't do that. Just have fun."

Alfred gave her a shocked look, but then softened and announced, "Well, I guess we have our ravers to hang out with right here. And are you guys really..."

"Yeah, we get that a lot...", the albino one said.

Wait. Drugs? Loud music? Party? Intense? Oh no, no, no, no! I was not participating in this. I went to walk away but Alfred grabbed me.

"Arthur, I know it sounds a little crazy, but please just try. The drugs part... Only a few people do. Just chill, and worry about having fun."

I gulped and nodded. He opened the door.