Arthur

I woke up at six, just like I did every morning. I felt sort of refreshed, and it was a good thing. Morning was always my favorite time of day. I stood up and stretched, walking to the bathroom. This hurt my stomach immensely and I traced the scars there that hadn't quite healed yet. They were from my dark times, the times when I first came out and said I was gay. People teased me all the time, even my own brothers, and I couldn't take it anymore at one point.

The hot water on my skin burned them as I scrubbed yesterday down the drain. I ran my soapy hands through my messy blond hair and winced as a glob of shampoo got into my eye. You don't know pain until you get a good quarter sized amount of shampoo into your eye. I quickly rinsed off my hair and got more soap into my eyes in the process. My eyes half open, I managed to shut the water off, grab a towel, and get out of the shower safely.

I stumbled into my room, (the bathroom was like a personal one just for myself) and laid face down on the bed, trying desperately to blink the soap out of my eyes. Bloody hell, this wasn't working. I went back into the bathroom and turned the cold water on in the sink. I got a handful of it and rubbed my hands on my eyes. After a few times of repeating this I could see clearly again. That meant I could see my eyes in the mirror above the sink. Red and bloodshot. God dammit. I looked like something out of a doctor who episode with my eyes like that.

I silently hoped that it would go away as I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen. My dad had already left a whole hour before I had gotten up to go to work, so it meant I was home alone until four-ish. Opening the pantry, it revealed two boxes of corn flakes and some breakfast syrup. Syrup? We didn't even use that stuff.

Shrugging, I poured myself a small bowl of cornflakes for breakfast and sat down wearing just clean shorts for the day.

I finished quickly and got myself ready for the day, or rather, ready for lunch.