Arthur

((A/N I know they are short. They are supposed to be, so don't say anything about the length. I'll update often because of their length, so don't worry.))

((Arthur's POV))

I walked into the small cafe bakery a few blocks away from my house. The little bell rang and the cashier lady, also a close friend, smiled at me.

"What's going on, Arthur? You look down.", she asked me as I walked up to her. "Oh, nothing, Eliza, just that my dad reminded me that I'm single. And so now, I'm looking for a new boyfriend." Eliza thought for a moment, looking around, and then pointed unnoticeably to a boy about my age sitting with his back toward us, wearing a brown bomber jacket. "There's a hot one. Go sit and talk with him. It's worth a shot.", she told me while handing me my usual tea.

He was in a booth, sitting alone. I cleared my throat, "Excuse me? Is this seat taken?", I asked him. He sighed and shook his head, "No, you can sit there. Everyone else is this stupid country pushes me around, so why not?" Someone was having a bad day. "What do you mean?", I asked him. He was obviously from the states.

He looked up at me to speak and I nearly forgot how to breathe. He. Was. Hot. Eliza was right. His eyes were almost too blue to exist. They dazzled me and caught me off guard, along with his adorable cowlick on his sandy brown head.

"My mom is making me go to college here because it was where my dad went. I really don't want to, and the people here so far are all so stuck up and rude, except for the cashier, she's pretty nice.", he explained.

I replied, "Yeah, she's a good friend. And I didn't catch your name."

He pulled out his phone and looked at it for a moment. "Sorry, dude. Gotta go. And the name's Alfred.", he said before speeding out of the cafe.