chapter 027

Fiera's POV

I bit my lower lip still playing with my nails. We took off awhile ago to make sure we weren't being followed anymore and stopped at the school campus, inside the science lab as usual. " Don't worry!! I'm not planning to kill you " I blinked and looked up to him, he must have noticed me being nervous. The thing is I'm not nervous cause I'm afraid he'll kill me, I'm nervous because I don't even know what to do in front him. " Aren't you curious? You should have a lot of questions" I licked my lips, he's not even looking at my direction. " You can ask anything, I'll answer the greatest I can" He continued looking my way,  I looked down in response avoiding his eyes when it suddenly landed on his hand. It was wrapped with white bandage, although right now, the bandage is covered with red stains, blood.

" That... " My mouth suddenly opened on its own " You need to clean that first, the clinic must be open, let's go" I snapped and left the science land without thinking. I heard him complain at the back but soon went to follow me. " You should know that we shouldn't be here" I stopped and faced home in realization. Right, there are no classes so students aren't expected in the campus now. " That doesn't matter" I just stated and continues walking, I'm pulling myself I'm danger. We entered the clinic after, no one was around so it relieved me a little. I walked in and tried to reach for the kit on the the top of the shelve, tiptoeing when a sudden hand took it from behind me. I blinked and instinctively turn back only to back away when a chest popped so close to me. Pierce stood towering over me holding the kit. He ignored my widened eyes and turned back. I only blinked composing myself and following him while he sat on the bed. I took the kit from him and sat beside him starting to work over his cut. The cut was deep indeed and yet the aiding of it was so poor. I sighed and did the aiding.

"How did this happen? " I asked still looking down his eyes and putting some ointment. It was quiet for awhile so I looked up at him, this time, both our eyes met. " You told me I can ask anything" I uttered and continued working on his hand. I heard a sigh from him " I... Hit a glass" He answered, hesitation leaking down his tongue. I nod then, my eyes still focused on his hand. I wonder what happened making him even hurt himself. " Then... " I started again as a question popped up in my head. " Did you... Approached me knowing at the first place I was that mafia Lord's daughter you were looking for? " I snapped trying hard not to look shaken. I silently gulped and waited, there's an eighty percent chance he does but the hope of that twenty percent still is making me curious.

" No! " I blinked and stopped what I was saying, shocked of what I heard. " My mission was to look for the Daughter of the mafia lord. If the mafia knew it was you then they would have already killed you on the spot" I pulled my lips in a thin line hearing the killing thing again. Of course, being planned to be killed wasn't new to me, I've realized that after my mom's death. " Then... We're you tasked to also kill me? " I tried not reacting to my question and went to bandage his hand. " Mmm... My initial plan was just to look for you, the real plan was to kill you" I gulped and suddenly stopped bandaging his hand at his last words. I cleared my throat and continued bandaging his hand again like I hadn't heard anything.

" How about the confession... Was it fake? "I asked one last time tying the bandage intact, I never dared look up at him the next time he didn't speak. " Yes... " Was the short reply he gave after a few moments of silence. I blinked multiple times and curved my lips up sadly " It's done" I said looking up at him and standing up when the atmosphere became silent. "Let me ask you one last question" I stated, this time, I looked straight his eyes. He eyed me questioningly before standing from his seat. " Who... really are you? " I asked, my eyes want to search answers in his eyes. He blinked a few times at me before looking serious " Pierce... Heartwood "

I froze at the last word he spoke off. Heartwood... My fist instantly clenched on its own at the mention and my eyes started to sting. Heartwood...

It was after my mom's burial that day. Ifeltsoscared to even sleep then. Everytime night comes, I just feel miserable remembering my mom's death. I cried inside my room too much that time that it took me hours but still sleep doesn't seem to pass by me so I stood up and walked out. I went straight to my parent's room but it was empty so the chances could be that dad was in his office so I went there. I stopped at the door and was about to go in but then stopped when I heard my dad shout at someone. The door was slightly open making me see and hear them clear. " Heartwood!! " My dad stated in anger, his voice contains disgust and hatred as he spat the word. " The Heartwoods... dared try kill my daughter and ended up killing my wife!! " He roared inside the room, I gulped and took a step back. Heartwood??? Those men in black, the one who killed my mom.... Are the Heartwoods.

" Heartwood" I stuttered over my words as I looked at him confused. " You... You're a heartwood... " I continued stepping back again. The only thing my mind could ever think is all about that Heartwood, about that night. About my mother's death. It's... Because of the Heartwoods. " Leave now!! The next time we meet... I'm really going to kill you "

Pierce POV

" How about the confession... Was it fake? " I got silent at her next question for a moment or two before looking away " Yes... " I stated shortly not even wanting to open my mouth, or I might end up saying things I shouldn't. This must be the last time I'll ever speak to her like just normal people or at least just that. "Let me ask you one last question" I looked back at her in the eyes, it just be the last time she'll look at me like the old days. " Who... Really are you? " I blinked a few times at the question before looking straight at her blankly " Pierce... Heartwood" I stated shortly but just that two words made me even regret about it. Her eyes shined at the light, a tear forming inside it. Her hand from her side clenched and she stepped back. She's... Afraid of me now...

" Heartwood" She murmured stuttering, tears streaming down her cheeks but I can't do anything but to just stare at her, I shouldn't do anything stupid. " You.. You're a heartwood " She continued as the tears endlessly flowed down, she stepped a back again and again shaking her head. " Leave now!! The next time we meet... I'm really going to kill you" I finally stated silently clenching my fist from beside me, I need to push her away. Her eyes looked back to me in fear, but something that made me clench my fist tighter was seen on her face. Sadness... Her eyes spoke sadness with it. Stepping back again as she shook her head, she run off...

That's right!! You better run away... I don't know what I could do the next time I see you.  Run... As fast as you can... Run away from me

Don't forget to vote and comment. Leave your votes down there and proceed reading the next chapter... By the way, I really want thank those who are still reading the story till now, thank you a lot and I hope you continue until the end... Love you guys...