chapter 021

Fiera's POV

Lubdub... Lubdub...

The same loud beating of my heart was heard when he turned me around and leaned down for a kiss. My eyes widen and my body froze at his action. The surrounding turned to silence and my silent heart started to shout out loud. I clenched my fist and pulled back. I blinked and blinked when my heartbeat never ceased. " Sorry, I did that on purpose" I blinked and looked up straight to Pierce eyes magneting it both and stopped me from looking away. Still, my heartbeat continued to beat frantically. " It happened again... " I stated looking into his eyes desperately looking for answers. He looked back at least with questioning eyes as he ruined the distance between us and looked down at me in worry.

" Why... " My mouth started to open on its own while I still stare at his hypnotic eyes. " Why am I... " I tried saying the words together, tears welling up my eyes as I continue to finish my sentence " Why... Am I hearing my heartbeat? " I finally asked, the tears welling up roll off in accordance. I saw him blink at me in mixed emotions " Why does... It sound so loud" The questions repeated in head over and over. My body started to tremble as the sound of the gun and the sight of my mom lifeless on the ground entered my head forcefully. " Mom"  I whispered to myself as the heartbeat became louder and faster. "No... Mom... No" Tears flowed endlessly down my eyes and I sob, taking both my hands covering my ears as the events of that night replayed again and again inside my head. " Please! Mom! " I could tinted to murmur as the gun shot replayed over and over until...

" Fiera" I blinked when the events stopped replaying, another more started to replay in my head. " I'm sorry!! I won't do it again, I promise" I blinked remembering the events in the cafe. " You will forgive me, right? " It was as if a load was pulled off from me allowing me to breathe again. I gasped for air as the events continued to replay in my mind, peace once more came and occupied my trembling soul. " Fiera" I sighed and looked up at Pierce looking at me still with mixed emotions. He looked worried, troubled.. For once I guess he looked like a mess.

" Are you alright now? " He asked when we both sat on the floor, leaning our backs on the wall. I nod "I guess" I stated lowly before he looked straight in front. I pulled my lips in a thin line and did the same thinking the conversation ended but then he spoke again " I'm sorry!! " He snapped among me blink and remember what he just did a while ago. I silently bit my lower lip in embarrassment.  He kissed me... That was my first kiss he should really be sorry. " It's alright! It wasn't your fault" I still ended up saying. He then stood up and so did I. " I guess you had it wrong. I'm apologizing for making you cry, I still did that on purpose! " I blinked at him as he spoke again, although this time, he has his back on me. " Don't avoid me because of this again. Its getting dark, I'll drive you home" He snapped facing me but not particularly looking straight my eyes. He walked passed me after, I had no choice but to follow him back. He asked me not to avoid him but look how he can't even look straight at me.

The next day came after my sleepless night. "Where have you been yesterday? I was hell worried!! Don't do that again!! Next time you better call me, I'll die early because of you" Ethan continued to lecture me while I yawned at him and nod not really hearing out what he's saying. " Anyway, that guy you said, the one living next to you, does he like you? " My eyes when a little and I blink suddenly feeling alive. I shook my head at him " You should be busy!! Get going now, bye" I stated pushing him and away and going in the room without next words. I heard him complain but then I saw him leave. I shook my head when the beating of my heart was heard again. The only thing is that whenever it beats louder, I am not anymore reminded of my mom's incident, I always get reminded of him instead. Weird!!

"Ok, now!! Settle down, go to your pairs and discuss the cell distribution on the figure. Ms  Conford and Mr Cullen, go clean the lab now" I sighed ad stood up, Pierce did the same and we both left the room. We got in the prof's bloodline the last time so we're being punished to clean the lab for today. I sighed taking a cloth and starting to wipe the   face of the human anatomy model. Pierce did the same taking the other parts of the hand anatomy model. The room was silent for the longest time possible, awkwardness creeping and burning my skin. I shook my head remembering what Cam told me.

" You should give him a chance " Cam stated making me blink at her and drop myself on her bed. I'm in her house now. " It's not that he really confessed" I said rolling up on her bed. I heard her puff imagining her rolling her eyes at me " You see, when someone kisses you, that means they want to say they like you. It's a silent confession. "

I blinked licking my dried lips and contemplating whether I should talk or not. " That... " My mouth opened unknowingly, Pierce liking up at me. Aish!! Of course!! What a total awkward place I'm in "I want to clear something" I snapped trying my best to  not crack in embarrassment. " I'm really getting confused. You said you're a total playboy. What you did in the cafe was all an act... " I started biting onto my cheek " I'm confused, if what you did yesterday is all part of being the total playboy... Or... " I gulped and waited for him to talk. He leaned back to his seat and closed his eyes " What would you do if I said it wasn't part of the playboy act, what if I say everything from the beginning wasn't part of the playboy act"

Don't forget to leave your votes and comments down below... Love you guys hope your still reading until now...  Muah Muah... Love lot's