Ojiro x Trans Male!Reader

(Mild Dysphoria warning.)

I shake my head, feeling my face heat up. "I'm not really looking for a date."

"Come on, you said the other day that it would be nice to be in a relationship," Denki gives me a grin, leaning against the wall of the hallway. "And I know the guy is totally chill with dating a dude."

"I'm not really sure I'm ready yet," I rub the back of my head. A blind date?

"I already told this person you would say yes, though. Would you really disappoint them?"

"I... I guess not."

"Great!" Denki pats my shoulder.

--- ---

I fix my binder, feeling a little sick today. Am I flat enough? What if this person doesn't see me as a real man? Do I really want to go on a date with a stranger?

Then my gaze snaps when some clears their throat.

"Ojiro?" I gape at him. "What are you doing here?"

While I'm not in Class 1A, I've always been interested in his tail quirk, and therefore him. I've also talked to him a couple times, mostly during lunch.

"Denki and Mina told me my blind date would be sitting here. Is it you?"

Feeling my face heat up, I nod. He takes his seat across from me. "I was kind of hoping it was someone I'm familiar with," he sighs in relief.

"Me too," I mumble, pulling my shirt away from my chest a bit.

"Are you warm? We could move somewhere cooler," Ojiro offers, rubbing the back of his head.

"Ah, no, sorry. It's just a nervous habit."

He nods. "I understand. I'm nervous, too." I notice his tail twitch.

I focus on it for a second, then avert my gaze. Ojiro clears his throat, thanking the waitress for his drink.

"So, you're into guys?" I ask. "Or both or?"

"I'm into people I can relate to," he answers, his tail wagging a tiny bit. "I like to get to know someone for who they are, not what they have."

I feel a smile drift onto my face. "That sounds nice."

"I don't mean to seem rude," he begins, "but you're transgender, aren't you? You've started to go by a different name than the first of the year."

A knot twists in my stomach. "I-I..."

"It's alright," Ojiro smiles. "I know some people don't listen to you, but I want you to know I support you." He holds out his hand.

I hold it like a lifeline, feeling myself begin to choke up.

After an hour of talking, and getting to know one another, Ojiro takes the bill. I object.

"You can get the next one. We'll take it in turns."

With a sigh, I agree. "Fine. As long as there'll be a next time."

He smiles happily, walking away. His tail wags behind him, and I can't help but smile, too.