Ojiro Mashirao x Reader

I sigh, standing in the long line. I've been standing here for nearly two hours, to get a taste of this famous dessert stand's new flavour of ice cream cake.

Usually, I don't participate in such pointless things. I have a sweet tooth, but it doesn't normally take me to this length.

Standing in line for two hours to try a dessert seems ridiculous.

But ever since I heard about this new flavor, I've been raving to try it.

It's a green tea cake, with whipped cream and green tea ice cream between the thin layers. It's drizzled with a choice of either honey, chocolate, or a custom green tea syrup the café had created.

The line has been going so painstakingly slow, leaving some groaning people to stand for hours.

A commotion grows at the front of the line, as people disperse. My face falls as I realize that they're out of the new cake.

Turning away, I make the long trek back to the UA dorms.

I trudge all the way back, closing the door behind me. Staying quiet due to my disappointment, I plop down on the couch to mope.

The door opens, about twenty minutes later.

Ojiro Mashirao, a classmate and a friend of mine, smiles at me as he walks in. I smile half-heartedly back.

"Did you go try that new dessert you were talking about?" He always has a determined smile.

"I was going to, but they ran out. Stood there for two hours," I sigh dejectedly.

He nods, "I bought one, it's big enough to share if you want." Ojiro lifts his tail from behind his back, showing a freezer bag.

I feel my face light up. "You would do that, Ojiro?"

"Of course. You would do the same for me." Ojiro sits down on the couch. "And you can call me Mashirao, you know."

"Okay, Mashirao." I beam at him as he unbags the dessert. He opens the container, grabbing two forks from the bag.

He hands one to me, "Here, have the first bite."

"No no, you bought it," I shake my head. "You get the first bite."

He smiles kindly. "Alright." He takes a bite, his smile widening as his tail wags a little. "It's really good!"

He scoops more onto his fork, lifting it to my mouth. I take the bite, feeling my face heat up. "You're right, this is amazing."

We eat, laughing and feeding each other. He seems so relaxed. Happy.

Internally, I'm a bit of a mess. He's so sweet. Adorable. Considerate. How could anyone not have a crush on this cutie?

We finish the dessert, continuing to sit and talk.

"We should do this again sometime. Sit and eat. I had a lot of fun," Mashirao says happily, his tail still wagging a little.

I blush, finding him absolutely adorable in this moment. Failing to find the words, I nod. "Y... Yeah."

He rubs the back of his head nervously. "I've actually been meaning to ask you out on a date, I just never found the opportunity. If you want, next time maybe?"

If I had been holding anything, I would have dropped it at that second. My voice raises an octave, "I.. I would love to."

He nods, his face a bright pink, and quickly absconds to another room.

I hold one of the couch pillows close to my chest, letting out a quiet cheer of happiness.

He likes me!