Todoroki Shotō x Reader

My Freeze quirk is very useful. My father could slow objects or people down by looking at them, while my mother could make anything she touched freezing cold, with the molecules in the air. So mine is that anything I see I can make frozen in ice, from a few seconds to a couple minutes, depending on the height of my emotions. I can also thaw them, with enough focus.

Having an ice-based quirk is fun. Winter is obviously my favorite season, while summer...

I pant slightly, pulling my shirt away from my chest and shaking it a little.

I hate summer. I hate the heat. My quirk doesn't last for very long with this heat, and I have a low tolerance for it.

I sit in the sun, waiting for my turn to train. Aizawa had taken a select few students off campus, under strict supervision. These students were the ones who, for one reason or another, wanted some special training.

Right now, Bakugō, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, and Iida are training. A couple of the others are cooling off in the minimal shade.

I glance at the tree above me, wondering if I should use my quirk again. While it didn't actually give me shade, I could freeze a couple of the leaves and let them drip onto me. It isn't very effective, but it's something.

I sigh. I can't use my quirk for much longer, I still need it for the training. I look down, sighing in hatred of the heat.

"Here." Todoroki sits by me. We know each other fairly well, and get along, since we both have ice quirks. He hands me an ice cream, licking his own. "You looked hot. Ice quirks aren't good in the heat."

"Thank you, Todoroki." I smile, feeling my face get warm. I decide to blame it on the heat.

Eating our ice cream, we watch the others train. Todoroki and I begin to develop a strategy for what we would do in their scenario. Ours would be different, but it's always good to have a plan.

"I would use their quirks differently. They don't work effectively how they have them arranged. Momo should use Bakugō as a smoke screen and then attack while they are distracted."

"I disagree," Todoroki and I banter back and forth, all in good fun.

We do this a lot. It's rare that anyone can get him to talk for more than a couple sentences. I'm lucky that we're both good at strategy. He really enjoys talking about it.

Eventually, our ice cream is gone and we're up next for training.

It's Todoroki and Uraraka versus Mina and I.

"Okay," I whisper to Mina. I really want to win this. I tell her what I think their strategy may be, based on their combined quirks. She nods excitedly, and Aizawa tells us to start.

I look at Uraraka, immediately freezing her in her tracks. Unfortunately I can only freeze a small area at a time, and Todoroki dodges my line of sight.

He uses his own ice, and it shoots out towards me. Mina melts it with her acid, and I move to the side.

I dart forward. I've learned hand-to-hand combat for a long time now, and I want to show him just how good I am at it.

Leaning under his right arm, I grab his left. I twist around, using my hand to press down on his arm. I kick the inside of his knee, bringing him to the ground. He pushes up, trying to escape my grip, to no avail. I place my knee on his left ribs, careful to stay on the correct side.

I notice ice traveling along the ground, and twist his arm to stop him. I place the tape around his arm, signaling that he has been captured. Mina does the same to Uraraka.

"Team B wins." Aizawa calls out, as both Todoroki and Uraraka are both defeated.

I jump up, releasing both Todoroki and Uraraka.

As I sit back down on my bench, grinning happily, Todoroki sits down beside me.

"That was a good strategy." He comments. I look at him slyly, noticing that I had messed up his hair. White and red were swirled on either side. Somehow I just find it adorable, like a little peppermint.

"Thanks for the compliment." I nod respectfully, shaking my shirt again. It's already getting hot again. "It means a lot coming from someone as strong as you."

"I'll remember to not go easy on you next time." Todoroki stares at me, obviously plotting for the next time we go against each other. "For now, let's go cool off with more ice cream."