🎃 Shoji Mezo x Reader

(Last Halloween oneshot for this book! I'll probably post something on halloween for a different fandom! Also I'm nearing the end of this book... 10 more chapters, 6 of which I have requests for! It's been a long run.)

I move closer to Mezo, in an attempt to warm up. What's taking our targets so long? His breaths are light, almost too light to hear.

Owls and clicking bugs are audible, as well as the sound of the toothy wind. I can feel it on my face, and smell the leaves near me. The grassy, leafy suits serve as our disguises, but provide very little warmth.

Footsteps scrape along the path.

I glance at Shoji, and his eyes meet mine in agreement. One of his extendable ears reaches slowly into the air.

He blinks twice. The footsteps belong to our targets. My boyfriend really is lovely, he can recognize these small differences. And he's sweet to me.

They draw closer, and closer still. I can hear their chatter, about their fun in the scare houses and the candy they ate. It grows louder.

Soon enough, they're in range.

Feet are within arm's length.

Mezo and I jump, me grabbing legs and him yelling as he reaches his feet.

Denki and Mina scream, tripping over each other in panic as they flail, falling to the ground.

"Nice, Meso!" I high five him as we laugh, watching them recover themselves.

"Awe man, that's so cruel!" Mina whines in good fun.

"It was really good though," Denki admits with a half-laugh.

"Two more down, six more to go!" I clap my hands with an evil grin.

Meso nods.

Who knew he'd go along with my antics so well.