🏳️‍🌈 Non-binary: Tokoyami x NB!Reader

"Here's a candy," I hold the hard candy out to Dark Shadow, who takes it gleefully.

"Heck yeah!"

A laugh escapes me as I turn to Fumikage. "Ready for our date?"

"I am," he nods, his feathers fluffed up slightly in what I can only guess is nervousness.

"Let's go," I grin, holding my elbow out, which he takes.

Dark Shadow snickers behind us, munching on the candy.

Fumikage and I agreed early on in our relationship that we would have turns taking each other out on dates. It's my turn right now, and I had been hard-pressed in finding something new for the both of us.

"Where are we going for this date? You didn't really elaborate," Fumikage asks.

"Shh, I think they told me it's a surprise."

"They did? When?"

"When you were sleeping the other night."

I shush Dark Shadow, and exchange a grin with him. "Dark Shadow is right, it's a surprise, Fumi."

"Very well," he resigns himself as I lead him, taking his hand in mine.

We take the bus ride to the next city over, and then walk the rest of the way down the sidewalk. Soon, the convention center comes into sight, and immediately Fumikage's face lights up in awe at the sign in front.

"A Curiosities Expo?" He turns to me, a visible smile on his face.

"I know how much you adore the dark side of things, so I looked into this when I heard about it."

"You did this for me?"

"Of course, Fumikage," I kiss his hand.

"Let's go inside, I wanna see the wendigos," Dark Shadow croaks up, his voice impatient.

Fumi and I laugh, heading inside. By the look of excitement on their faces, I can tell this was a good idea.

They have both supported me in the things I love, no matter how hard it's been.

That said, the suspension of a girl by the skin of her shoulders was. Not. My. Thing.

"That's just so weird," I cringe, avoiding that area completely. "It physically hurts me."

"Your empathy is very strong," Fumikage notes, nodding his head. "Let's go look at the dragon sculptures."

We pass a booth filled with skull decor, and another selling tiny coffins, eventually reaching spilling over with dragon trinkets. This particular booth had several Pride dragons, one decorated with colours that immediately make my heart squeeze.

"That's the Non-binary flag, right?" Dark Shadow taps the small dragon with his claw, and the clerk affirms his question.

Soon enough, I'm carrying a tiny dragon figure around, a wide smile plastered to my face.

"Hey Y/n?" Fumi smiles at me, our hands intertwined.

"Yes, Fumikage?"

"Thank you for doing this. It means a lot that you make an effort to appreciate my interests."

I kiss his hand, then Dark Shadow's head. "Of course, datemate."

"Ooh spider candy!" Dark Shadow pipes up.