Hatsume Mei x Reader

Honestly, I'm scared for my life. Hatsume Mei, my girlfriend of three years, just asked me to close my eyes and let her lead me somewhere after dark. And if I know anything about her, it's that I should be prepared for something to blow up.

The past three years have been amazing, don't get me wrong, but I've learned from experience. Lots of things blow up when she's involved.

My quirk is a good foil to her pyrotechnic tendencies. While I can't produce fire, I can control it fairly accurately.

She lets go of my arm, "Okay, open them!"

I open my eyes cautiously, immediately letting out a gasp.

A large, neon-light banner was lit up at the back of her workshop, the words reading:

"Will you marry me?" Her voice husks from beside me, presenting me with a small box.

She flips it open, showing a metal ring she had made herself.

I gape at her, tears filling my eyes. Her pink hair glows in the neon light, and it shines off of her goggles. Her eyes are nervous, but filled with excitement.

"Yes," I hug her, "Yes, of course I will."

She grins, hugging me back. "Good."

I pull away and wipe my face. Before she can get the ring out of the case and onto my finger, we hear a pop! sound.

Mei gulps, looking over at the sign. "Whoops."

Minutes later, we're running out of the workshop, coughing at the smoke.

I had put out the electrical fire, which was due to the bulbs breaking. Luckily, my quirk goes great with Hatsume's tendency for things to not go right.

I let out a laugh, my smile wide as I look at her. "Is my fianceé alright?"

"Yeah," my beautiful love replies, smiling softly. "Sorry about that. Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Didn't even get burned." I ruffle her hair. "And I made sure the fire didn't touch you. No more burns for you," I joke.

Mei throws her arms around me, squeezing me tight. "As long as you're by my side!"

"For you?" I squeeze back, "I'll always be here."