Shinsō Hitoshi x Reader: New Year's Eve!

11:30

I set my cup down, looking around at the party. All the first year students were attending this New Year's Eve party, and the rooms at the venue were all cramped.

Finding my way back to my seat, I sip on my sparkling soda. Shinsō Hitoshi, from Class 1C, is in the seat next to mine. We've been friends since the Sports Festival, and he had sought me out at the party.

He grins at me. "Have fun at the punch table?"

I roll my eyes. "I think someone spiked the punch, I grabbed the soda instead."

"Good choice. The person next to you seemed hammered."

Agreeing, I let him take a sip of my drink.

11:45

The screen flashes a bright red, almost blending in with the rest of the lights sweeping the room.

He lets out a bored yawn, as we watch the minutes tick by.

I let myself remember this year. It had been a little rough, what with it being my first year at UA. Not all of it had been bad, though. I glance at the purple haired boy beside me. His eyes, now reflecting the colourful lights, usually shine a beautiful purple hue as well.

A smile graces my lips as I avert my eyes. He had basically hijacked my drink. But that's alright.

11:55

The mass of students had collectively gotten louder, anticipating the end of the year.

11:59

The smile on my face gets wider, and I can see the whites of Hitoshi's straight teeth. Though he wouldn't admit it to anyone but me, he was excited for these types of things.

Then the countdown begins.

10...

I lace my fingers with his, and he jumps slightly.

9...

His purple eyes meet mine, a question hovering in the air between us.

8...

The friendship we've experienced together flashes through my mind.

7...

I smile at him reassuringly.

6...

His lips curve up, excitement weighing out his nervousness.

5...

People begin to scream the numbers out, counting down the last of this year.

4...

I rest my forehead on his.

3.

He tilts his head.

2.

His breath hitches, and I can't bring myself to find mine.

1.

Our lips meet as cheers erupt all through the venue. I can taste the sparkling soda as his hand finds my cheek.

We part, a dazed smile on his face, cheeks lit up pink. I land a kiss on his nose, and he pulls me into a hug.

"That was the best way I've ever started a year off," he admits.

"Me too," I pull him in for another, saying goodbye to last year and greeting the next.