Kaminari Denki x Reader

(AU where quirks don't really exist, and they're more like everyday personality quirks.)

I sing along with my friends. I don't particularly like the song, but it's fun to sing and watch both of my friends laugh at our collectively terrible singing.

The next songs starts playing, but the words start to jump on the screen. The song cuts off.

My friend leaves to go get tech help, and someone arrives a couple minutes later.

I look at him, a little starstruck. He was around my age, and absolutely my type. Golden yellow hair, black stripes through it. Golden eyes to match. And he was dressed in soft leather, to match the party theme of the karaoke bar.

The guy catches me staring as he fixes the machine. He gives me a wink, and I feel my face heat up.

One of my friends, Jirō Kyōka, catches this exchange, and gives me a sly smirk. I shake my head quickly. She ignores me, putting an earbud in her ear.

She always had those things on, listening to any music she could find. Amazingly, no matter how loud her music was, she still has amazing hearing skills.

My other friend, Yaoyorozu Momo, leans back with a sigh. She doesn't like to sing much, but she enjoys coming here when Kyōka wants to rock with us.

She pulls her makeup bag out of her purse- she always has anything you need in her purse, it's almost ridiculous- and touches up her pale lipstick.

I avoid eye contact with the cute tech guy, and soon he fixes the karaoke machine.

"Here we go!"

"Oh, thank you so much." Kyōka smiles. "Hey, why don't you join us? It's getting a bit boring, with just the three of us." She elbows me.

I cough, my face turning visibly red.

He grins. "I'm off in about ten minutes, if the offer still stands."

Kyōka nods, watching him go. "You're welcome," she smiles.

"Oh, you're trying to hook them up?"

"They were obviously checking each other out!"

Ten minutes later, and there is a cute tech guy walking into the booth. "This seat open?" He gives me another wink, pointing to the seat beside me.

I nod, and he sits down. "What's your name? Mine is Kaminari Denki."

The next half hour is filled with laughing and singing, along with a little flirting between Denki and I.

Along with being attractive, he's very fun to be around. A bit of a flirt, and an airhead, but funny and witty.

After a while, Kyōka and Momo have left us alone, and we move to the bar to talk.

"So you've always been good with electronics?" I lean a tiny bit closer, wanting to know more about him.

"Yeah, I guess it just runs in my blood." Denki rubs the back of his head. "Though I get shocked a lot, I think sometimes it affects my brain cells."

I laugh, shaking my head.

"So what about you?" He rests a hand on mine. "What are you interested in?"

I look away and mess with my hair a bit in embarrassment, telling him my ambitions.

"That's so cool!" Denki gushes, then looks at his phone. "Ah, I'm so sorry." He looks up at me apologetically. "My friend just accidentally blew something up. Could we maybe... Meet up another time?" His golden eyes glimmer as he smirks at me.

I feel my heart skip a beat, and hold my phone out for him to type his number in.

Denki takes a selfie, setting up his contact. He gives me back my phone.

"Text me." He winks, walking away. I watch him go, making a mental note to thank Kyōka later.