Aoyama Yūga x Reader

I curse. It still hasn't turned out how I want it. The edges are bent weirdly and I don't think he'll like it.

Using my quirk, I melt the metal once more. I need more practice.

With a sigh of annoyance, I put it away and head into the house. Closing the door of my metal shop, I walk into the bedroom, and crawl into bed.

My lover turns around, a pout on his face. "What took so long? Was it more important than moi?"

Immediately I shake my head. "No, of course not. I'm just trying to perfect the small details of my quirk."

"You should pay more attention to me." He looks into my eyes, his own filled with sadness. "I want to be with you."

"I know, I will. I'm sorry, my love." I kiss his forehead.

I pull him close, and he falls asleep in my arms.

--- ---

Once again, I'm working late in my metal shop. I just can't seem to get it right.

I form the ring for the hundredth time, biting my lip. I think about Yūga, and start crafting the flower on top. Petal by petal.

It doesn't actually look that bad, I praise myself. Definitely an improvement.

Still, it's not as perfect as he deserves.

I hear a knock at the door, and jump. Looking over at the clock, I wince. He opens the door, and I melt the ring before he can see it.

"You're always so busy," he crosses his arms, mumbling sadly.

"I'm sorry," I plead with him. "I just really want to do this, so I can become better at my quirk."

He shakes his head. "You've been doing this for weeks. I never get any time with you."

I walk over to him, touching his shoulder. "Tonight will be the last one, I promise. Would you go on a date with me tomorrow? I'll make it up to you."

Yūga ponders for a moment.

"I'll wear whatever you want," I offer with a smile.

He agrees, kissing my cheek. "As long as you promise, tonight will be the last late night."

"I promise."

--- ---

My heart pounds in my chest, and I clear my throat. Tonight is the night.  I just hope it goes nicely.

I tap the box in my pocket, debating whether it's good enough for him. I hope it is.

I head back out to our table, taking a seat across from him. He gives me a smile, which I return.

"Would you like dessert?" I ask.

He nods, and we order a dessert for the two of us.

I secretly pull the box out of my pocket.

"Aoyama Yūga, I want to apologise for being so busy lately. It wasn't my intention, but I wanted to make this perfect for you." I begin, then kneel beside his seat. He gasps as I hold the box open, showing him the ring. The band was braided, and an intricate flower perched atop it.

"Will you marry me?"

His eyes filled with tears, and he nods frantically. "Yes! You made this for me?"

I smile. "Of course."

Yūga flings his arms around me, and the people around us clap. I kiss his lips tenderly.

"I love you," I look into his eyes, slipping the ring onto his finger.

"I love you, too," he cries happily.