🏳️‍🌈 Agender: Asui x Reader

"Darn, Tsu is the best swimmer in the class!" Kirishima exclaims aloud.

Tsuyu lets out a small croak, smiling. Her hair is soaked as she wrings it out.

Iida nods and chimes in, "Her quirk helps her in swimming, so it's no real surprise."

"She's better than both the boys and the girls in the class," Kaminari admits.

Today's class was more about physical training, and Aizawa decided on swimming. He split us up in groups; I can see him across the new USJ lake, watching Bakugō and Midoriya.

Of course, unlike leisure time, our quirks are restricted unless we use them to swim.

"What about Y/n?" Todoroki ponders. "They're agender, so they aren't a boy or a girl."

My heart swells a bit at his support, even if he was taking things a bit literal.

"And they have a water type quirk that could help them," Tsu's tongue sticks out the side of her mouth as she contemplates, and a few heads turn in my direction.

I shake my head quickly, realizing that suddenly I'm in this conversation. "I doubt it, your swimming posture makes you really quick." I hope they can't see my blush, talking to someone pretty like Tsu.

"Nonsense!" Iida gestures to the lake. "The two of you should race to see!"

After a little coercion, Tsu and I are suddenly in a competition. We stand close, on a deeper end of the lake, using rocks to jump off of.

I smile at her nervously, and she ribbits back. My heart squeezes and I almost miss the cue to begin.

The two of us leap off the rocks into the deep water, and I lose sight of her as I crash into the surface.

I use my quirk to push me forward in the water, propelling me to the roped buoy where we would turn around.

Tsu is right beside me, I can feel and hear the water where she breaks it.

She pulls ahead, touching the buoy moments before my fingers brush against it.

I hear cheers of, "Go Tsu!" "Come on, Y/n," in my waterlogged ears.

My body turns as I prepare to go the opposite way, my quirk reapplying the propulsion. The two of us rocket to the bank, evenly paced. My chest burns slightly from each breath, and my arms and legs ache.

Another sweep, another stride to the end, pushing and pushing. It's within reach--

"Tsuyu wins!" Iida yells out.

Relieved at least that the race is over, I pull myself out of the water.

"Good race, Tsu," I hold out my hand.

She takes it, shaking my hand, "Ribbit."

My heart pounds in my chest as she's dragged away to Kirishima and Kaminari.

"You like her," Todoroki suddenly speaks up from behind me. I jump, looking back at him in exasperation. He's so quiet.

"I... I uh... Yeah," I admit, my blush still burning, "I like her."

"Ribbit?"

At the sound of Tsu's voice, I freeze.

"Awe, I like you, too," Tsu moves into view, her face pink. Her hands cup her face in embarrassment.

There's whoops behind us as I take her hand in mine, barely able to control my rubber limbs. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"If you'll be my datefriend," Tsu gives a happy frog smile.

Melting in my chest, my heart immediately agrees.