190.

DELANO POV

When Gia told me about what happened I didn't know what to say nor do. The anger I felt for what happened to her at such a young age was unspeakable. Just when I think I know my wife I really don't. I've always been her security blanket.

It hurts that I couldn't protect her from that pedophile. But it made me want to do the ceremony even more. I get it I may never have her say she loves me or show me the love I want and need. But it doesn't change the love I have for her.

The next day... I had Ryan distract Gia. I paid for her to get her hair done. She didn't ask any questions either. I wanted her to be pampered today. And having Ryan along with her she will be fine.

Walking into the backyard I saw the decoration that Gia's dad attempted. "I have to say it looks better than I expected".

"Don't doubt me" he joked. Knowing Gia will love this made me smile. I went inside and went to get ready. The kids were getting ready as well. Another reason I sent Ryan with Gia is because I don't need Harlow or him acting up. Separation should be good.

Hearing heels hit the floor I looked down and saw Harlow "daddy can you tie my bow?".

"Sure and your look beautiful" I said. She blushed "thanks".

"You're welcome!" I smiled. She twirled around as her dress swirled around her "where's Ryan?".

"Why?" I asked.

She shrugged "no reason".

"Not today! He's with mommy. I don't need anything bad happening. So save whatever you have planned for some other time" I said. She pouted "ah man! It was going to be a good one too!".

"Yeah not today" I warned.

Ryan texted me they were on the way to this house.
My nerves were all over the place. What if she doesn't like the decorations? Or she's not in the mood to do this?. My palms were getting sweaty. Rubbing my hands on my pants.

Taking in a deep breath before walking outside stand in my spot. Gia's dad tapped my shoulder and smiled.

About ten minutes later I saw a car pull up. Her door opened up and she looked beautiful. I can't even tell you the last time Gia went out and got pampered. She jumped back when she saw everyone "what the hell is going on here?".

Ryan pointed to me "this is for you".

Gia looked at Ryan confused but walked up to me "what is this?".

"This is for us, for you. In talks with your father I decided we should renew our vows. It's been what... eight years since we last got married" I said.

She smiled "you did all of this?".

"Well I cant take all the credit... your dad helped" I joked.

"You look handsome" she said.

"Thank you! And you look amazing as always" I smiled. The pastor walked up to us and smiled "we are rejoining you both in this union. Do you have anything special to say to one another before we start?".

I nodded

"I didn't write anything down. But I know what I want to say. Today I planned this ceremony for us. I knew being dressed up wasn't your thing. You would be as comfortable in regular clothing. It's a true saying that you know more and more about someone as time goes on. I feel like I'm still learning about who Gia is. Because I'm a patient man I'm willingly to wait for you to completely open up yourself to me. The same woman our kids see I want to know. Loved you from the first time I saw you walk into my office.
It's never changed. Nothing can ever change that" feeling a tear slip down my cheek.

Gia wiped her eyes and smiled "we may not get along all the time. Or agree how things are done. But you are a wonderful father. After everything we've been through you fought for your family. Refusing to lose us wasn't an option. Even dealing with me and my demons you chose to stay. I may not show it but I do appreciate you more than you know". At that moment I wanted to kiss her. That's the most she's ever said to me in a long time. The pastor cleared his throat and proceeded on. All I could do is stare at this beautiful human being.

I couldn't wait to smash my lips onto hers. Once I got the green light to do so... I didn't wait. Picking her up in the process. Hearing "ewww's" but I knew that was coming from the children.

"I promise you that we will get you the help you need to recover" I whispered. That's when she hugged me tighter. Everything about this day was perfect.

***I THINK I CAN SQUEEZE ONE MORE CHAPTER CAUSE WATTPAD IS BEING RIDICULOUS!