8.

KAI POV

You can call me my dad's mini me

You can call me my dad's mini me. I'm the only one who resembles him down to the bone. How lucky right?. Ryan and I are now living with him. We both figured our dad would benefit from us living with him. Instead of him being alone. Sometimes you need someone there with you.

"Kai are you ready?" My dad asked.

"Yeah" I looked at Ryan who gave me a small smile.

My dad and I went to the therapist he was seeing. He claimed I needed to see her. And also Ryan. But he wanted to start with me first. In the car the ride was quiet. My dad kept glancing at me "Kai look I mean this whole thing has hurt all of us. But it's best to speak to someone about it. Just tell her how you're feeling and that's it". I didn't agree or disagree.

We pulled up to the big building. My dad and I walked into the office. A woman came out and approached us "Hello Delano! And this must be Kai!".

I smiled "hello".

"Well I'll let you guys talk and I'll be right out here okay" my dad said.

"Okay" I said. The woman and I walked into her office. I sat down and she just looked at me. I was feeling a little uncomfortable. She smiled "do you play board games?".

"Sometimes" I said.

"How about we play a game? I have life, monopoly, UNO... which ever one you want to play".

"I guess UNO" she nodded "good choice. Come sit on the floor so we can play on the table. I did what she said. She shuffled the cards and started passing them out. "So Kai what's your astrological sign?".

"My mom says I'm a Gemini" she smiled "cool so am I... so how did you feel about your mom and dad go their own way?".

"I'm used to it. But I was hoping they would stay together forever this time. I know a crazy dream".

"Kai you're a sweet boy. But I can assure you nothing you say is crazy" she said.

I smiled "draw four". She wide eyed me "oh your slick with this game!".

"Do you know the reason why your mom and dad split up?" She asked. Looking at my cards cause I didn't want to answer this question. Only one person knows that I know. "Umm... my dad would pick me up from soccer practice and we would go to this complex. I didn't know who lived here. But he would always tell me to stay in the car. And if anything call him. Then when I saw Bria waving at him it made sense. I felt fear because I didn't want to hurt my mom for what I knew. So I just forgot about it".

"Aww Kai... that must've been hard for you to do" she said.

I nodded "it was. I think that's why they aren't together anymore".

She gave me a small smile "Kai you did a brave thing by not telling your mom about what your dad was doing. Don't ever blame yourself. Remember you're still a kid".

"I guess" I said.

"So... tell me something about yourself... like how is your relationship with your siblings".

"Umm my brother Ryan and I are closer in age so we are very close. My sister Salem she clings onto me for whatever reason. And my little sister Harlow she's cute and funny" I said.

"So it sounds like you have an excellent relationship with your siblings which is great!. By the way draw two, and draw four. UNO!". What? "Aw, man you distracted me" I smiled.

"I'm the UNO master player!" She said.

"Do you think my parents could get together and be happy?" I asked.

"Honestly, yes! But it's going to take some time. If they follow what we do here... then I do see they can strive and be happy" she said. That made me happy hearing that.

"Cool" I said.

"Has anyone ever told you, you look just like your dad?" She asked.

"All the time!" I said.

"It's true... from the hair down to the face" she said.

I smiled "I know".

"How is your mom?" She asked.

I shrugged "she has her moments. She tries to be brave for us. But there's time she is crying in her room. I think she's still hurting. I don't know".

"I know it's hard to see your mom in pain. But trust me when I say everyone of you will be getting therapy. So we can rebuild this family unit. And you know what else?!".

"What?".

"I win" she put her card down. I smiled "you are a good player in this game".

"Told you" I said.

"Can we play again? I like this. You're a fun person" I said.

"I try.. and of course we can play again" she said. She gathered the cards and starting shuffling. "Ready to lose?" She asked.

"Me? You mean you're ready to lose!" I said.

"Oh okay someone is getting comfortable" she said. Passing out the cards we started playing another game of UNO. This was nice. My dad was right. Can't wait to tell Ryan about this. At least when he comes in he can know what to expect.