9.

SALEM POV

"Salem come lets go!" My mommy yelled. I moved my little feet as fast as I could. "Is Harlow coming too?" I asked. Harlow is like having a doll. Just that she's real and she's my sister!. "Of course Harlow is coming".

Skipping outside to the car. She opened my door ad I climbed into my car seat. My mommy strapped me in and then went to put Harlow inside too. I looked over and saw Harlow was sleeping. That's all she does! And eat too.

Mommy says she's taking me to talk to someone special. I have no idea who it is. When we pulled up to a small house. I was a little scared. She opened my door and grabbed Harlow out "Ready?" She asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"Well come on!" She pulled me along. When we got inside I saw a woman smiling "hello Gia! And hello Salem!". I hide behind my mothers leg. Not well with strangers. "Oh she's shy!".

"Yeah sometimes. Salem she is a nice woman. She wants to talk to you alone. Mommy will be right here with Harlow". I looked at the woman and back at my mommy. The woman opened her door and I walked inside and saw toys. So many toys!. Running to the kitchen set. "I'll let her be". Hearing the door close I turned around "are these yours?".

The woman smiled "Nope there for kids like you".

"Oh" I said.

"What are you making?" She asked.

"My favorite pasta! I love pasta. My daddy always makes it for me" I said.

"Oh really! You're daddy must love you a lot to make you your favorite meal!" She said.

"I'm his princess!" I said.

"Salem can I ask you something... you were so close to your daddy. How come you aren't?".

"My daddy made my mommy sad. He made her cry" I said.

The woman nodded "oh sorry. I hate it when people cry. Makes me sad".

"Me too! I don't like it when my mommy cries. I try to make her happy but it's hard" I said.

"I bet it's not that hard. Does she smile at you?" She asked.

"Yeah she does. But I can still see tears in her eyes" I said.

"So tell me about your sister Harlow..." I loved Harlow. "She's cute... and she likes to smile a lot".

"That's all?" She asked.

"We share a room" I said.

"That must be so cool... sharing a room with your baby sister. It's like your protecting her at night" she said.

"Uh Huh... no one messes with Harlow! No one" and I meant that.

"Such a protective big sister! And how do you feel about your brothers moving out?".

"I miss Kai! Ryan could go but Kai stay with me!" I said.

"Kai is your favorite brother?" She asked.

"I love Kai. When I get scared he's always there for me. Now he leave who's going to be there?" I asked. The woman just looked at me like she felt so bad for me. But since Kai left I feel like my safety blanket is gone. "Were you happy when you saw your dad?".

I nodded "yeah! He missed me so much!".

"That's sweet. And Kai was there too?" She asked.

"Yes! I bit him for leaving!" I said.

"Why did you have to bite him?" She asked.

"Cause I was mad he left. So I bit him" I said.

"Biting isn't a way to show how mad you are at someone. Words can say a lot" she said.

"Okay" I said.

The rest of the time I made her pasta and she loved it. She said I was a very good cook. Just like my mommy and daddy. Well daddy can't really cook anything but pasta. But my mommy she can cook very good.

"Before we end this. One more question. Do you remember a time when your auntie Bria took you to her place that your mommy and daddy didn't know about. Could you tell me who was there?".

"Bria, grandpa..." I said.

"Oh okay just making sure" she said.

Eyeing her closely cause that was an odd question to ask. "Well Salem I want to thank you for coming today. I had fun with you and your pasta you cooked me". I smiled "your welcome!".

Mommy opened the door and smiled at me "You're all done". Seeing Harlow awake I went to play with her. Hopefully Harlow and I could go to daddy's house together.