5.

DELANO POV

"So tell me what's been going on?" The therapist asked.

"Well I found out from my two year old that I have another child. Thinking she was imagining things but she was telling me truths. Her name is Harlow".

"Are you serious? How does that make you feel?" She asked.

"Very serious. And like shit. I love being a dad. That's the one thing I got right. Would do anything for them" I said.

"You know what I find interesting... you come from a home where your mother didn't pay mind to you. But you are the exact opposite. It's like you made sure not to be the parent your mother was to you".

"What I been through and witnessed I would never wish that on any child. Never mind my own. I vowed when I had children that they wouldn't never experience what I did".

"And what would that be?" She asked.

"One time we went shopping. And I guess I wasn't suppose to go. But didn't have a choice. She left me in the store. She told me to stay put. As I did. Hours passed she never came back. The store workers called the police and they drove me home. My mom lied to them saying I ran away. Then once they left she locked in the closet for the night. I banged on the door as much as I could. But she didn't open it until the next morning".

"Delano i think we made a break through!" She said.

"Really? What's a breakthrough?" I asked.

"You are starting to open up. Which is a good thing. I knew there was something in there" she said.

"Oh" I said.

"Makes sense why you let gia go. You suffer from abandonment issues. Which would go well with the feeling of being needed. I love break throughs!" She said.

"I love Gia. Miss her so much. I know we belong together" I said.

"Delano... you do realize you cheated on her for a while. Gia I don't think she could come back from that. If she did ... the trust would be hard to build" she said.

"I'm willing to try... I miss my family together. Ryan and Kai are both suffering. They aren't the boys I knew a year ago. They are closed off now" I said.

                   •••••••••••••••••••••••••••

GIA POV

"Mom dad looks sorry! Trust me I know" Ryan said.

"Ryan we spoke about this already. Dad needs to really fix himself before I even think about giving him a third chance! And stop worrying about our problems" I said.

"Yeah but I hate to see you guys apart. Don't you think Salem and Harlow deserve having dad around full time?" He said.

"Ryan... just focus on being a kid" I said. Kai didn't even chime in this time. Usually he would have his bit to say. But instead he just got up and walked back to his room. "You don't understand!" Ryan said. Watching him walk to his room as well. "Why is Ryan mad?" Salem asked.

"Nothing special. Finish your food" she looked at the back room and back at me. Ryan came out with Kai behind him "we talked and would rather live with dad". Almost choking on my water "Excuse me?!".

"We want to live with dad" Kai repeated.

I was lost for words. My boys wanted to leave me and go live with Delano. "Why?".

"Because is being boys we need dad more. No offense to you but we need a male figure around. You could only do so much. Kai has questions you can't answer but dad can" Ryan said.

Tears started filling up my eyes. My boys want to leave me. "Don't cry!" Salem said. "You made mommy cry like daddy does!". Kai tried to console me but Salem fanned him away. "I guess if you want to go live with your dad. Then I can't stop you".

"Mom you're a great mom no doubt about that. But there's some things you can teach us or help us with. Dad can. We love you and we'll come visit too" Kai said. Wiping my tears I hugged them "remember you're my babies! Always!".

They nodded "we know".

"Did you tell your dad about this idea?" I asked.

"Yeah we did! He wasn't sure how you take it. So he said to tell you first and the based on your reaction we would go off of that" Kai said.

"It's going to be quiet in here without you both" I sniffled.

"Doubt that. You have Salem. When she's around it's like having five people in the house. And you have Harlow too" Ryan said.

"But my big babies are going to not be here" I said.

Kai and Ryan hugged me. "We love you. But as growing men we have to learn some things".

I nodded "I understand. Be good with your dad. Don't think because he's not strict that you can do what you want".

"We know" Kai said.

"Ryan and Kai go bye bye?" Salem asked.

"Yeah they go live with daddy now" I said.

"Kai don't go! You stay. Ryan can go" she said.

Ryan pretended to be hurt by what she said. But Salem didn't care. "Kai don't go!" She yelled.

"Salem He has to go. You'll see him when you go to daddy's" I said. She stopped "oh yeah". Everyone laughed at her silliness.