182.

GIA POV

"And that hoe had the audacity to be pregnant. I bumped into her and she claimed she was with child. But also, she didn't tell me who the father was" tony said.

"It's that guys... Brian?... Billy?... Brad! There we go it was brads. Apparently when she told him about being pregnant he didn't want anything to do with her. I heard she went a little crazy after that" Rashad said.

"Umm... repeat that? Brad was the father of her baby?" Delano asked.

Rashad nodded "they were hooking up left and right. It was bound to happen".

Tony shook his head "a hoe will always be a hoe".

After we were done talking and eating we left the park. The kids were a little worn out from the day so they all went to their rooms early. Which left myself and Delano. Meanwhile feeding the babies I can feel Delano staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You came here with K?" He asked.

"Not necessarily. He happened to be here on business when I was here" I said. Which was the truth.  Delano looked away from me but you can tell he had a lot more questions.

He sighed "I'm going to be very honest here. Just hearing about this man I have never met makes me feel insecure. He's had the one thing I wanted from you. Now hearing even your brother speak about him... it makes me wonder how much of a relationship did you have with him. Was I that horrible of a person back then that you ran to someone else?".

"You have nothing to worry about. Like I said he was here when I was here. We met up had lunch and that was it. He left the state before me. I told you what the relationship was. Nothing more".

"How could you be around another man while pregnant? I mean you had Ryan around him... but you were pregnant with Kai. I don't get it" he said.

I shrugged "i don't know. It's not something I thought about before I did it. Yes, I was pregnant but he also knew that. I guess the companionship put weighed everything else".

"And you say you never felt love for him?" He asked.

"Correct" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Look I get why you're doing this. Cause I was questioning when you did this with Bria. I questioned myself and wondered why and was I good enough. I did what you're doing. But I can answer all of your questions with truth but it won't stop the wondering thoughts in your head. Trust me I know".

Delano stood there just staring at me "well let me go put river to bed".

//

The next day we were pulling up to the barbecue that my father has no idea that I'm coming too. Rashad rented a van to take us there. The kids were not as excited... then again Ryan and Kai are the only ones who met my father.

My nerves were all over the place. Fanning myself cause I was slowly slipping into an anxiety attack. Feeling Delano's hands on my shoulders slowly rubbing "relax".

"What if he doesn't want to see me?" I asked.

"You didn't end on bad terms. So you'll be fine" he said.

I nodded "you're right". The car stopped and everyone got out. Standing there I took a deep breath. Delano grabbed my hand in his... turning to him somewhat reminded me of when we had that dinner meeting with my dad. They had no idea Delano was the father.

Seeing the smoke from the back. Tony and Rashad walked in first. Hearing this man cheer... I slowly walked in and his eyes widened. "Gia?".

I smiled "it's me!".

He walked out to me not sure what to do. His arms went apart and pulled me in them "can't believe you're here! And you brought the whole family! Delano what's up?".

"Same ol shit" he said.

"My goodness so many kids! Look at Ryan and Kai they got so big!" He said.

"They are practically men now" I joked.

"I see! And these young ladies! So beautiful" he said.

Harlow blushed. Salem on the other hand was eyeing the food. "Come on and grab a plate!". Salem was the first one to even do so. Ryan and Kai went to the grill and my dad showed them how to season meat.

"It's like old times being here" Delano said.

"It is... even though it's a different house" I said.

Come to find out my dad never remarried. After dealing with that woman who birthed me he stayed single. Don't blame him.

"So how are you two doing? I see a ring on the fingers!" He smiled.

"We been through some stuff that should've broke us but we are trying to mend it" I said.

"Marriage isn't easy. There's going to be ups and downs. But it's the strength of the the people in the union in order for the marriage last. If you truly love someone you'll never leave them. No matter what. Love is stronger than any other emotion out there. I've witnessed Delano protecting you from us. Because he wasn't sure who to trust. And taking you under his wing. He manned up and took care of his responsibilities. Making sure you were taken care of. At the time you didn't realize the love that was surrounding you. But you two are meant for one another. Just look at the beautiful kids that came from this union. Love is love. It'll always be there" Delano's hand intertwined with mine. Even though I know his mind is still wheeling about K but at the end of the day his love outshines it.