185.

GIA POV

11 years ago...

"Mommy why couldn't daddy come with us?" Ryan asked.

"Daddy is always working and plus we need a break too" I smiled. Ryan nodded but didn't understand why I end up doing these trips. Delano is getting on my nerves. Since moving to Nevada in that house he's been overly controlling. I can't take it. He's driving me crazy!.

My brother and I met up in Texas. He was living out here for a little short time. Tony has family out here as well. I needed to get away. Now was I wrong for not telling Delano where I went? Yes and no!. My brother had a small house where we stayed.

It felt good to get away for a bit. This trip was only going to last for three days. Other than that Delano will start harassing me. And we don't need that!. My brother and tony had some friends over. It was really warm here. Here is where it got secretly complicated. Now my brother doesn't usually have Caucasian friends. But today one of them came by. His name was Anthony. A tall olive complexed... dark haired and very pretty blue eyes. When walked by me I took a double take. Yes I know I have Delano at home but this man was gorgeous!.

He came up to me with a shy smile "I didn't know Rashad had a sister... I'm Anthony". He extended out his hand "I'm gia". He nodded and smiled "Gia? You don't here that name around much anymore".

I laughed "funny".

"I try" he joked.

Later on that night Anthony was still there just talking and being a guy. I had just put Ryan to bed. Coming back out the room to get something to drink. Anthony was standing infront of the fridge. "Excuse me" I said. He moved and opened the fridge door for me. "Got to be a gentlemen sometimes, right?".

I smiled "correct". He closed the door blocking me from leaving. "How about you stay out here and chill. Your son is sleeping I assume".

"Yeah he is" I said.

"Just hang with us" he said.

Looking around I saw a few people along with tony and Rashad. It felt safe. I nodded and walked with Anthony to the couch to sit down.we sat closely together it that's how the couch was. We laughed and had a good time talking to one another. It was nice to talk to someone else but Delano. It felt good to not get aggravated by having a simple conversation. Time crept up on us... "Gia I must say you're a cool ass person".

"Well I try" I joked.

He laughed "but being serious... there isn't a lot of work out here who are smart, funny, and just chill. You are a special one".

Hearing him say that made me smile. Delano doesn't usually express these type of words to me. So to hear it from someone else was nice. The only words I hear from Delano... well was him yelling at me. Or telling me things I don't do right.

Anthony's arm stretched behind me holding me. Now this is when maybe I should've stopped this. But I didn't... he turned my head to him and leaned in. Feeling his lips on mine... felt different. It didn't feel forced. But can't say I enjoyed it. Pushing him back I smiled "yeah I'm not sure about this".

"Nothing to be afraid of. You live once... live it up" he said. That's all I can remember... well that night I also experienced that not all men are Delano. In the bedroom that counts as well. I snuck back into the room I was in and went to sleep. I was good at blocking out things.

The next month after being back home. Bria was there and I knew I was pregnant. No shocker. Delano was excited about it but I was extremely nervous. If you go back and read you can sense my whatever vibe about taking the test and all. But that was a mask for the fact I wasn't sure who I was pregnant for. I slept with Delano when I got back to shut him up.

Bria didn't even know about this. I kept this whole thing to myself. The less people who knew the better. Once I got to the doctor and they calculated a due date I was relieved. The dates don't match up for when I was in Texas. Whew! Dodged that bullet. After that encounter I vowed to never have another one night stand. Delano was a one night stand which went into us being together. Now Anthony... yeah I'm done with this. Don't get how people can just sleep around.

I'm not sure my brother even remembers all of this. Good thing he doesn't. How do I even tell Delano Kai almost wasn't his?.