131.

RYAN POV

I don't understand grown up problems

I don't understand grown up problems. They seem so minimal compared to what's really going on. I love my mom and my dad. But it's like they are both fighting an endless battle. Sitting here watching my mom look out these huge windows. She seemed she was thinking about something.

"Ryan do you miss dad?" Kai asked.

"No" I said.

"Oh" he said.

"Look lets go walk around and see if there's any more rooms in this place" I said. He nodded and followed me. Being the oldest I have to protect my siblings. I may be the toughest... wait no... Harlow is the toughest and the its Kai who's on the balance of that. Then there's Salem she's the overly sensitive one. And let me tell you I would've thought she would be that sensitive growing up. I guess people change.

I remember one time Harlow was running and she fell. But the way she fell she twisted her arm and scratched up both knees. Any other child would've cried. But she got up and kept on running. I was amazed.

But I don't get why my dad is mad. K was a nice man. When we came here to visit him he was so nice to my mom. She smiled the whole entire week. That made me happy she was happy. No arguing or fighting. Knowing my mom and K did kiss...I know she stopped him. She isn't the type to sleep around.

Now when they got together my dad and my mom were separated. For some reason I don't remember seeing him around the apartment. But he passed away. The man was very sick. So I'm not sure why it's such a big deal.

"Ryan look what I found" Kai said. He pointed to a door that was closed. "Should we open it?".

"Umm I guess" I said. Pulling at the door with all my strength it opened. It was a room. An empty big room. "This is weird to have".

"It is" Kai said.

Looking at the door I saw there was a lock on it too. Hmm... an idea came to me. "Kai come with me. I have a plan" he raised his brow but he followed.

//

GIA POV

Sitting on the same couch I used to sit down with K. We had so many talks here. It felt nice to have someone listen to me. Unlike Delano who would just over talk me and then not listen.

[flashback]...

"Gia you amaze me every time you cook" K smiled.

"What can I say?" I smiled.

"You are a special woman" he said. Taking a seat on the couch as I finished cleaning up. "So you never finish telling me about your friend".

"Oh bria! Yeah I think something is going on between her and my husband" I said. Not for nothing I'm not stupid. I know she's been into Delano from the beginning. Bria doesn't normally just give up on someone she's been trying to get. The only thing is I needed proof. "Gia are you serious?".

I nodded "I'm not crazy. I see the way she looks at him".

"Maybe you should talk to him about what you think may be going on" K suggested.

"Delano isn't that easy" I joked.

"Sorry to hear that. Has she always been this way with you?" He asked.

"I mean she's hot and cold. Depending on the day and situation. Like one time when I was living with her for a short time she got so mad at me because her dad gave me money that she wanted. She ended up throwing a picture frame at the back of my neck. I had a mark that stayed there for months".

"Gia... That's not okay!" He said.

"It wasn't but I dealt with it. It's the only thing I knew" I said. His hand touched mine "no one and I mean no one should ever abuse another person. It's not right".

"Anyway let's talk about you! And what's going on medically" changing the subject.

"Well the doctors want to try a new medication on me to see it it'll prolong the disease from getting worse" he smiled.

"Oh really wow! That's good to hear" I said.

"Yeah it is! Thank you for being here with me. It's a lonely road being sick" he said.

"No problem!" I smiled. K was and will always be someone who was so nice to me. The man didn't know me and he was the kindest person. He would give you the shirt off his back.

"Gia remember you are a human being. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Don't let someone ever take that away from you" he said. That brought tears to my eyes. I nodded "You're right".

Looking at Salem and Harlow by the Christmas tree they were playing together. I was in shock. As long as the kids were happy then I'm happy. Hopefully Delano listened to the letter and is not coming here.