Part Fifteen ( Part One )

Lucas sighed and put his head in his hands.
          Bloody hell. How he hated Kim Taeyeon right now. It was all her fault.

         Hours ago . . .

         Lucas and Yuqi sat on the roof with their lunches, as they often did. They were joking around, mocking their higher ups and everyone they didn't like, which was a lot.
           His friendship with Yuqi was something he treasured over everything in the world. Lucas showed off a bright, bubbly persona to the Guild with a hidden deadlines underneath, but only Yuqi ever really saw the deep sadness, pain and grief beneath it all. It was what made Yuqi the only person he truly considered his friend and fully trusted.
         Lucas had lost much more than people would've guessed. He still had his family alive, but they'd been reduced to shells of their former selves, only empty husks. For him, that was worse than them dying. And he'd caused it by being a coward. That guilt had eaten away at him for so long. It still did.
           And it wasn't just his family that Lucas had lost. He'd lost the only person he'd ever really loved. Losing Jungwoo had been the last straw. The pain had nearly been too much. And the part about it that was probably the worse was that Lucas had killed Jungwoo himself.
         Jungwoo had been one of his victims, one he was supposed to kill. He was supposed to earn Jungwoo's trust them kill him, but then Lucas fell in love with him. When Jungwoo found out, all he'd told Lucas to kill him.
           And Lucas did.
          The overwhelming pain and grief and guilt that Lucas had felr and still carried from all that was something no one really understood except for Song Yuqi. She was the only one who knew who he was.
           He'd sworn that he'd never lose her like how he did Jungwoo and his family, but he couldn't even keep that one promise. He'd lost her, like he'd lost everyone else in his life.
            Yuqi and Lucas had been exchanging stories about their day, as they always did. It was one of the few things that could make him genuinely smile and laugh.
             Yuqi had been talking about how Yuta had coldly roasted a patient without any mercy when it'd happened. And the thing was that he hadn't reacted in time, hadn't came to his senses quick enough to save her.
           The thing that hurt the most was that his own partner had done.
           At least he seemed to be remorseful about it.
           Taeyong had entered with a tranquilizer dart loaded gun in hand, a small shadow in black with his flaming red hair hidden by a long hood in the same colour as the fabric that covered his 5'9 frame.
            It was only when that had happened that Lucas truly realized how low the shields he cast over himself fell when he was with Song Yuqi. He was so distracted that he hadn't even heard Taeyong enter the roof, something he would've usually noticed.
           It was only when Yuqi fell over that he noticed. And by then it'd already been too late.
           Before his senses could flare back to life a paralysis dart had already been fired into his body. All he could do was watch as Taeyong picked Yuqi's limp body up.
            He heard a genuine sorry leave Taeyong's lips as he left with Yuqi. A note was slipped into his hand, in his line of vision.

            Taeyong :
            I'm sorry, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have to. I know how much Song Yuqi means to you. I know that it'll break you if this happens. I don't want that to happen. But I have to. Kim Taeyeon had forced me to. If you want to blame me, I won't blame you. You have all rights to do so. I'm sorry again. I'll try to get her back once Taeyeon is done with her.
           I'm sorry.

         When the paralysis dart had worn off, he'd cried more than he'd ever done before.

         Taeyeon, it was her fault. It wasn't something he could just let slide and go. Yuqi was one of the most important people in his life. He knew the message Taeyeon was getting across.
             Complete the mission or Yuqi will be hurt.