Chapter Three ( Part Two )

Jeon Jungkook bit down hard on his lip nervously, hands in his pockets.
     The other members of the Council of Eleven were  there too. Jungkook, Jackson Wang, Im Nayeon, Kim Heechul, Park Chaeyoung, Mark Tuan, Kim Taeyeon, Jung Hoseok, Lee Chaerin and Im Yoonah.
          And,of course, the Queen of Assassins herself, Kwon Boah.
         "So,Kim Yongsun is awake. "
         Taeyeon, who'd been there to witness it,nodded." She did. When the gel in her suspended animation tank was being removed, she woke up from her coma. I suspect that the sudden movement was what triggered her waking up."
         Kwon Boah nodded in an uncaring, I-don't-give-a-fuck way. Jungkook suspected she really didn't, only that her star Assassin was finally awake after a full year.
         "How she woke up is of no concern to me. As long as she is ready to re enter my service, that is fine. Is she , Taeyeon? "
           The head of the medical wing only nodded, an empty expression on her face. Still, Jungkook could tell she didn't like being adressed so informally,even if it was by someone older,albeit only by a few years.
         "Yes,but it'll take a couple of days for Kim Yongsun to fully recover."
       "How long before she's fully functional,Taeyeon? "
       Functional. As if Solar, Kim Yongsun was merely a robot and not a living, breathing human with thoughts and feelings. Jungkook had no feelings or connections with Kim Yongsun, but the way the Queen of Assassins spoke of her sickened him to his core.
        "Two days , Boah- hoejangnim, " Taeyeon replied stiffly , her hands clenched tightly on her lap. Her face was the same as her tone - pure ice.
           "Hmm . . . I want her up and ready within two days. If she isn't, well, you know what'll happen. Who is in charge of her?"
           "Moon Byul Yi, Nakamoto Yuta and Song Yuqi," Taeyeon replied with the same stiffness and icy tone.
             Jungkook hoped for their sakes,whoever they were, that they did their jobs perfectly and without flaws. If they slipped up even the tiniest bit, Kwon Boah would kill them in some horrific, unspeakable way. He wouldn't wish it on anybody, except for maybe the Queen of Assassins herself.
         He hated her that much.
         She'd taken everything from him - his parents, his siblings, his home, his lover. That had been bad enough, but then she'd forced him to join the Guild and be a member of her Council of Eleven. To fully secure his loyalty to her, Boah had used pain to make it concrete.
            Whipping, slashing . . . torture in general. He still carried the scars to this day. It was all over him,his face the only part of him left unmarked by any scars or marks. It even hurt on his worst days.
           "Jeon Jungkook."
         The Queen of Assassins saying his name still sent chills down Jungkook's spine. He hated yet feared her at the same time. And he hated himself for that.
        "Yes,hoejangnim? " Jungkook said as stiffly and icily as Taeyeon had.
        "I want you to tell Hansol Vernon Chwe that he and Kim Yongsun are to go on their mission as soon as she is ready to go."
         Jungkook felt appalled. Solar deserved to have as much time needed to recover. She didn't deserve this. Then again, Solar was probably used to treatment like this.
         But he didn't want to go through what he had when he was first forced into the Guild. It'd been far too painful and torturous for him , for anyone to go through. His compliance would spare him that.
          At least, that was what he thought. He desperately hoped that it would.
         "I will,Boah - hoejangnim. I will do so immediately. "
          He bowed, his fingers brushing against the scars on his knuckles, his shirt pressing against the whip marks on his back.
         As he quickly ran out of the Council room and down to his own, pain shot down his back. He collapsed onto his bed , the pain only intensifying as he did.
          His scarred fingers brushed against that picture he'd hidden away from everyone.
          That face that'd haunted him for so long smiled back up at him. Jungkook missed that smile so so much.
          He felt a tear coming, and he let it out. The droplet of water hit his bed.
          "I miss you , Taehyung.  . ."