Chapter Seven ( Part Three )

Taehyung took the pendant and breathed in deeply.
              He was long gone from the Royal Palace of Beijing. He hadn't dared to say goodbye to his siblings. He knew if he gave them one final embrace he'd never be able to let go.
                And besides, he didn't trust them to not tell. Especially not Yuna and Ryujin. They'd never been able to keep secrets. The only potential threat was Jeon Somi. She could potentially destroy everything by revealing that she'd given him the summoning pendant.
                She wouldn't, if she valued her safety. Still, he couldn't help but wonder and worry.
                He'd opened the flower yesterday afternoon by the train station. Now he waited by the same station with a face mask and a hooded sweatshirt on. That was one of the disadvantages of being a prince of the Hwang Dynasty. His face was extremely recognizable.
              Luckily for him face masks and hoods were very common at this time of the year,so he could pass of as just another young man leaving Beijing.
            The train pulled into the station and passengers spilled out and on in the masses. A hand latched onto his, and he saw the glint of an identical looking pendant. The person from the Assassin's Guild. Taehyung let himself be pulled away to a private carriage.
              Only there did his hooded and masked assailant remove the hood and mask.
             Gold brown hair spilled out. A pair of hazel eyes set against a handsome, foreign looking face blinked at him. There was another male too - one with more rounded, Asian features, a pair of suspicious eyes and a mop of raven black hair.
            Taehyung pulled down his mask and hood. The only reaction was a brow raising from the black haired male. They didn't seem surprised at all. In fact, the man with hazel eyes seemed somewhat relieved.
               " Prince Hwang Taehyung, "the shorter man said. He stood up, showing that he was significantly shorter than the former prince. " Well, this is unexpected, isn't it,Your Imperial Highness? "
               The way the man said it made it sound like a mocking insult instead of an honorific. Still Taehyung brushed it off. "I'm no longer a prince. My brother banished me. Who are you two?"
                The shorter male moved closer to the foreign looking one. He saw him put a protective arm on the brown haired man's back.
                 "My name is Boo Seungkwan, but in the Guild my surname is Kwon. And this is my partner Hansol Vernon Chwe. "
--------------------------------------------
             Vernon and Seungkwan stayed up long after Hwang Taehyung had fallen into a deep sleep.
            They cradled the other with their own bodies. Vernon leaned his head on Seungkwan's collarbone. He was taller but he liked Seungkwan to be his pillow.
               They lay in a comfortable silence. Seungkwan toyed with gold brown strands of hair. It was so soft. Vernon leaned in even further. " I'm glad it wasn't Somi. I wouldn't expect the prince, but anyone is better than her." A little smile played on his lips.
              Seungkwan smiled seeing that. It'd been so long since Vernon had last smiled. It was a refreshing sight to see. He leaned in and captured that smile in his lips.
              The kiss was slow and tender. Vernon was the first to pull away,and he bopped their foreheads together,the smile back in full force.
                " Are you really glad that it's the prince instead of . . .her? " Seungkwan asked, hoping that the angelic smile would not leave Vernon's face.
               It didn't. "Yeah. I feel . . .at peace now. I don't feel like I'm carrying around a massive weight on my shoulders anymore. It feels so good, Kwan." That smile only grew. Vernon turned his face away and rested his head against Seungkwan's shoulder. His eyes were closed. His hand reached up to cradle his face tenderly.
              Sleep. It was the message in the touch.
             It was one they both complied with and soon enough, they were sleeping peacefully on the bunk above the prince's.
              At peace.
              The trio awoke the next morning to the train pulling up at the Korean Peninsula National Station.  They quickly got up and left just as the doors were about to close.
                The car was right where Seungkwan and Vernon had left it,untouched by anything.
                " Back seat,Your Imperial Highness, " Seungkwan said mockingly.
                 Taehyung frowned. "I'm no longer a prince of the Eurasian Commonwealth. Stop calling me like I'm one."
                  " Just get in ."
                    Once Taehyung entered,though,he was knocked out cold by the tranquilizer gas that invaded his lungs.