Chapter Six ( Part Three )

Lucas Wong Yukhei opened the massive set of heavy metal doors in front of him.
       Inside was shelves full of torture materials of all types. He took one - a cat o nine tails with the barbs dipped in poison. And he walked over to the prisoner strapped to the wall.
           " You're not changing your mind,are you? I hope not."
           The prisoner only snarled in response .
           Lucas grinned. He took out his winterglass weapon - a trident with a core orb of a vividly toned bluebell and  twirled it around his knuckles to its full length. The crystal glowed with an ethereal light.
            The whip cracked against the prisoner's already ruined back.
           A ragged scream erupted as fresh blood flowed out. An almost manical laugh escaped Lucas. He was usually a very cheery person, but he had two drastically different personas. His cheery side and his more bloodthirsty, savage persona.
             Now the bloody side was in charge of him.
             "Nothing? " Lucas shook his head and grabbed a hatchet. The poison on the barbs of th whips would start kicking in soon. It would make the prisoner suffer in agony for the rest of the day but wouldn't kill him.
             Lucas took one of the prisoner's fingers and placed the upper part of it in the hatchet."Tell me. How much does Min Yoongi know of his mother's affiliation with the Guild? If you tell me I might not chop off your finger. I might even let you go with your life if you tell me."
            "N . . . Nothing. Min Yoongi knows nothing," the prisoner gasped out. It was a miracle that the prisoner could still speak with his almost fully ruined throat and vocal chords. He was a mess, all broken,open skin and destroyed flesh.
          He was a wreck.
          " Now . . .you said you'd let me go," he gasped out in that broken voice of his. Pain crackled all over hs body.
           Lucas grinned in a cruel,almost psychopathic way. "Oh, I said I might. But I didn't say I would."
            The prisoner's face fell. " You . . .you said . . ."
            "It's just words. Not actions. So . . ."
            The hatchet slammed down.
--------------------------------------------
             Vernon woke up with a  tear crusted face and his body aching tremendously all over and Seungkwan's face against his neck.
              " Kwan?" he muttered in a small voice, the silk sheets cool against his bare skin. His body hurt but it felt nice.
              "Yeah?"Seungkwan was awake now. He pulled himself up and touched the dried, salty tears on Vernon's face. He brushed them away gently.
            "Are you thinking of her again?"
            A quiet nod. Seungkwan sighed. He would be lying if he said he wasn't fustrated at the very least.
          But not at Vernon or Yongsun. Rather, at the medical team,for their complete failure at helping Vernon. He needed it yet no one could.
            " It sounds cheesy and cliché but . . . you have to stay strong. You have to endure it. We'll find someone who can help you," Seungkwan mummered, trying to believe it himself. He brushed through Vernon's hair and kissed him tenderly.
            It was breaking him, to see Vernon like that. He knew he'd always been fragile, yet now he was at his peak fragility. It was heartbreaking for him. Seungkwan wanted a clear life with Vernon and Yongsun free of the Guild,yet he knew that it was impossible. Once in the Guild, always in the Guild. There was no in between.
             "We both know it's not possible, " Vernon muttered as he rested his head against Seungkwan's shoulder. His face was teary and salt covered,red and blotchy. It hurt to move his body. The marks all over his skin gave him a pleasurable feeling.
              "Yongsun said she'll help find someone. You know her. She always keeps her promises,"Seungkwan assured him softly, interlocking their hands together.
            "She didn't keep her promise about not being harmed when we went to kill Emperor Kyuhyun, " Vernon deadpanned. He curled his bare body up into a ball,something he'd found himself doing very often since he came back from Beijing.
           "I know . . .but we need to trust her. It's our only choice now,really."
          A knock was heard, then Yongsun's muffled voice asking for Vernon to come out.
          "Carry me off this bloody bed,"Vernon muttered. Seungkwan laughed lowly and picked him up bridal style. He carried the male in his arms and put him down gently in the bathroom.
           Leaving Vernon in the shower,Seungkwan went to their walk in closet. He smirked as he pulled out a thick,fluffy white sweater and a pair of jeans. Vernon would hate it.
            He returned to the bathroom having also dressed with the smirk still on his lips. When the taller male saw the clothing he opened his mouth to protest, but Seungkwan cut him off with a long kiss all while dressing him.
           "I hate you,"Vernon said breathlessly as they broke away. Seungkwan smirked and pulled him into another kiss." I love you too."
           They left the bathroom and opened the door. Yongsun and the doctor with the blue eyes who'd treated her stood outside.
            "Yongsun? Why are you here?"
             "This is Moon Byul Yi,though I suspect you already know. She says she can help you." Yongsun side eyed the other female. They stood stiffly apart, yet there wasn't an air of awkwardness around them.
             Byul Yi held out her hand. A silent invitation.
              Without asking Seungkwan or Yongsun, Vernon took it.
               I accept.