Chapter Eight (Part One )

Yongsun, Vernon and Seungkwan stood in front of Taeyeon,Yoonah and Jungkook.
             Yoonah twirled a curl of her long dark hair around her finger. She was smaller than the three Assassins but she seemed to stand taller. Maybe it was the way she stood. Arrow straight.
               Taeyeon and Jungkook stood beside her like two still statues. They didn't move,not even in their facial expressions.   
             " So,I suppose you know what the message was,Solar, Vernon, Seungkwan, " Yoonah said off handedly as she released the curl of hair.
                 Yongsun nodded tensely. She'd never liked Yoonah that much, but Im Yoonah was an important member of the Council of Eleven. It wouldn't have done them any good to ignore them.
               " Yes. Hwang Jimin wants Boah - hoejangnim dead."
              Yoonah just nodded absentmindedly. Jungkook and Taeyeon seemed to be there only for show and decoration. " Mm. Whoever kills her will inherit the Assassin Throne. "
             "That's Seungkwan.  He's her Heir," Vernon said uncertaintly. His arms were wrapped around himself. His cold mask wasn't on. At the beginning it was but it was now faltering. It had been ever since he returned from Beijing.
              " Not if he isn't the one to kill the Queen of Assassins. And he wouldn't be. It'll be you , Solar."
             Yongsun resisted the urge to cut Yoonah's throat and heart out of her body.
            "Why? Why do you want me to do it?"she asked through gritted teeth. She brushed a stray strand of silvery hair from her red eyes and they burned into Im Yoonah's face.
              " You are the most capable Assassin in the Guild. Kwon Boah's skills have faded. You are the most suitable candidate to kill her." Yoonah's eyes glared back with a cool calm that hadn't wavered from the start.
             "What will happen to her if she does?" Seungkwan asked daringly. He didn't like the idea of Yongsun assassinating his adopted mother. She was a dangerous woman. She would be a difficult target for Yongsun.
              "She will become the Queen of Assassins. "
            Yongsun narrowed her eyes. The red irises became two bloody skits. It contrasted sharply against her pale skin and silvery hair. Had that bloodred gaze been directed at anyone else, that person would've instantly crumbled.
               But Im Yoonah was not anyone. She held Yongsun's gaze steadily without flinching.
              " What if I choose not to do it?"
              Yoonah still didn't flinch at how dangerously low Yongsun's voice was. Even Jungkook, Taeyeon, Seungkwan and Vernon did.
              "You will do it. If all three of you treasure your lives." Yoonah spoke the threat simply and evenly. Her gaze didn't break away from Yongsun's.
               Vernon looked down at her furiously. His eyes were narrowed. " You do know that we can kill you if we want to,right? What makes you think that you can threaten us so easily?"
                 Yoonah simply laughed and pushed Vernon back. Her grin was almost animal like,wild and feral. Yongsun was barely keeping her hands to herself,to not rip Yoonah's still beating heart out of her chest and destroy her throat. " Oh, she will, silly boy. Solar will do it. She will if she wants your sister to live. "
             Vernon staggered back,into Seungkwan's arms. His hazel eyes were wide. "What? Somi . . .?"
            Yoonah just laughed again. A manical laugh of pure insanity. Jungkook side eyed her but kept his posture. Taeyeon looked as if she wanted to interfere but didn't dare to.
               " Yes. I'll start with her,then you, Vernon,  then with Seungkwan. How does that sound, Solar?"
              Yongsun's face was paper white. Her red eyes practically glowed with an unnatural light like gold. Her hands were clenched into stony fists.
               " Fine,"she said through gritted teeth. Her knuckles became two fists of ivory. " I'll do it."
             Yoonah grinned her feral grin. " Perfect! One more thing . . ."
            Seungkwan glared at her. His arm was around Vernon. " What is it?"
            "Who did you and Vernon bring back?"
             Vernon lifted up his head. His eyes glinted in the light. "A prince of the Eurasian Commonwealth.  Hwang Taehyung. "
--------------------------------------------
           Yongsun, Vernon and Seungkwan were gathered in a circle in the last two's shared room.
            "Can you really do it, though, Yong?"
              Yongsun ran a hand through her silvery hair and tucked her long legs up to her chin. Her eyes were directed at the floor. She didn't look at her two closest friends.
             " I have to,Kwan. For Hansol. "
            "No. Yong,you're risking your life if you do it. It'd be-"
            Yongsun smiled sadly as she covered Vernon's mouth to silence him. She brushed his gold brown hair away from his eyes. " I must do it,Sol. For you and Kwan I'll do anything. This is one of them."
              Seungkwan gripped her hand. His eyes were glistening. With tears, Yongsun realized.  "Yong . . ."
              She knelt and brushed their shoulders. She kissed their foreheads lightly. "I'm going this out of my own will,Kwan,Sol. Please . . .let me do it. I don't know your sister that we'll, Sol,but she is still your last blood kin. I will kill Kwon Boah for her."
             She stood up and went to the door. She looked back,and they realized her eyes were shining with unshed tears.
              "I'll kill her for both of you."