Chapter Five ( Part Two )

Somi Vernon Chwe - Jeon fingered the silver medallion hee brother had given her.
         Hansol Vernon Chwe. Her brother. He was her brother yet he felt like a stranger to her. Maybe he was a stranger to her. Maybe he was just another male of mixed ethnicities like her. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he had the same hazel eyes and facial stucture as her.
       Maybe . . .
      Somi knew better,  however. Hansol was her brother. There was no doubt of it. There weren't many mixed children in the world.
      Besides, he knew her. Knew her. Not many did.
      The medallion was pure silver, with a circle of folded gray flower petals waiting to be open.
      To bloom.
     When you let the flower bloom, I will come to you.
     The silver flower of calling. A flower of family.
     A link to Hansol.
     Hansol and that tall red eyed, silvery haired female were somehow linked to the murder of Empress Hwang Seulgi, Somi knew. The timing was too perfect.
        Maybe . . . maybe it was Hansol and the female with him that assassinated the Empress.
        It seemed true enough.
        Another thing she knew was that she should report what she'd saw to the investigation team,yet she couldn't. Every time she felt like she'd gathered enough courage to report her brother and his female companion to the authorities,  she faltered. Her courage would leave her and her tongue would fail.
        She could never be brave enough to report a member of her family. Her only living family left in this world.
        "Somi-ssi. "
         Prince Hwang Taehyung stood in front of her. He wore black, as did the girl clinging onto his sleeve. Princess Hwang Yuna.
         " Your Imperial Highness. "
           " Jeon Somi-ssi, you have been promoted to head of Princess Hwang Yuna's personal household. Your job will start tomorrow, "the prince informed her flatly. He was like a ghost - a white ghost, in loose black Korean hanbok robes. Yuna looked the same as her brother, in identical but smaller hanbok.
         " Thank you , Your Imperial Highness. I will serve as loyally as I can."
          Hwang Taehyung's face was unreadable. He simply nodded and left Yuna with Somi.
          " Somi . . .the night before Mummy died . . .I saw two people. A boy and a girl. They were pretty but the girl was so scary! She had really scary red eyes! "
Yuna shuddered as she leaned against Somi, her eyes watering as she recalled that haunting pair of glowing bloodred eyes. It'd been unlike anything she'd seen. It'd ,surprisingly, had a terrifying and traumatic effect on her young, fragile mind.
         The female with Hansol. The ones who killed Empress Seulgi.
       " What about them, Yuna, other than that the girl scared you?"
        "  I think they killed Mummy, Somi . . ." The little princess broke down into tears. A damaged mind,  tainted by blood and death.
        She patted the young girl's back gently. Your mother was killed by the monsters known as my brother and that companion of his, Somi thought, but she kept it to herself and shut up.
        Instead, she cried with Yuna, for guilt and having a brother like Hansol.
         He isn't even my brother. He's a stranger who doesn't even know me, only my name.
--------------------------------------------
         Yongsun was back at her old room.
         The same door marked with the image of a starry night.
           She hadn't stepped foot here for over a year now. Yet when she held the doorknob it felt so familiar beneath her fingers,fitting into her grip perfectly.
            It brought back so many memories. Some good, some she'd rather not remember. All with Vernon and Seungkwan.
           She pushed the door open.
            While the door stayed the same, the inside didn't.
            She used to room with Vernon, before she forced him and Seungkwan to room together. It'd been what brought the two idiots to where they were now.
           Now it seemed she still had to room with someone. The left side was decked out in someone else's belongings. A neatly made bed in gold coloured sheets with white rose motifs. Items like medical books and sketchbooks were stacked up in an oderly manner on a shelf.
            An artistic member of the medical wing,then.
           One of the sketchbooks sprawled out on the table at the side was open. Yongsun flicked the light switch on and walked over.
           It was a sketch of a female. A female with artistically rendered, beautiful features and long, flowing hair. The artist had coloured the female's hair in an assortment of silvers,  grays and whites. The eyes were filled in with reds and blacks.
           With a start, Yongsun realized the female in the drawing was her.
             Strange. No one had drawn her before. Everyone was too scared of her emotionless blood coloured eyes and blank, terrifying aura and persona to do so. And Vernon and Seungkwan were hopeless when it came to art. Yongsun had a talent for it but she never really utilized it.
             She never had the time. Her time was all devoted to bring an Assassin,  even if she didn't like it.
          Yongsun flipped through the book. It had only a few sketchs, but they were all of her. All with her eyes vividly coloured to emphasize their redness.
        The last sketch was only of a pair of eyes, undeniably her own.
        They looked more like two mini suns rather than a pair of red eyes. The artist had scrawled out her Assassin name in massive letters across the bottom of the page in gold ink.
          SOLAR . . .
          " Don't touch my property!" Moon Byul Yi's voice rang out from behind her.
          Yongsun chuckled lowly. Enough time had passed , and now she could finally speak properly.
          " You don't tell an Assassin what they can't do,Moon Byul Yi. They tell you." Yongsun turned around, holding the sketchbook in her hand.
         Byul Yi's face was a mask of shock, then disbelief, then incredulity. "Kim Yongsun? "
         She said it almost like it was something that was nothing more than one extreme bother. Yongsun supposed their rooming was, in a way. She preferred having a private room, but, oh well.
            It's not like she spent that much time I'm her room anyway.
           "Mm. I'm rather flattered,actually, that you drew me. And very well, in fact." She flipped the book shut with a loud snap! and set it back down.
            Byul Yi stepped forward, arms crossed. Her icy blue eyes were narrowed. " If you think that simple compliments will make me trust you, they won't. So don't waste your breath trying."
            Yongsun raised a brow. She stepped closer to the medical fielder. " I never said I wanted to make you trust me. You obviously would never, so why waste the effort?"
          Byul Yi was startled at their close proximity. The Assassin's bloody eyes were drilling holes into her face. She stepped back, but that only prompted Solar to move too. They moved until Byul Yi felt her back hit the wall.
        "Stop it, whatever you're doing. Stop it!" she hissed as she looked up and glared up into the ridiculously tall Assassin's eyes.
         " Uncomfortable, Byul?" Yongsun asked with an evil little half smirk.
        Byul Yi raised a hand to push her away."You don't have the right to call me Byul. You never will."
         Yongsun caught the arm and pinned it above Byul Yi's head. She leaned in even further until their noses were nearly touching. Her breath was hot against Byul's skin. It sent a strange feeling down her spine.
         " And the family of everyone I've ever killed will say I never had any right to do that. Yet I did it. You'll find,Byul, that Assassins don't care about rights. And like I said, you don't tell Assassins what to do. It's the opposite. "
          Yongsun released Byul Yi abruptly, leaving the shorter female confused.