Chapter 6

Kindly support me by voting for each chapter :-) A happy author updates faster. ❤❤

Word count: 2205

Rosa's POV

*

I took short, gracious steps into the room and stared at the back of his head, taking a long exhale as I held onto the tray. My life had taken a big turn but I would have to handle it some way since I was now stuck in this situation.

I ran away from home with my younger ones but I couldn't continue to run from everything my whole life. I would have to grow some balls and fight. If not for myself, then for the lives that had been entrusted into my care!

I was wearing my black pencil skirt and chiffon blue top with three inch heels. Since I didn't have a new watch, I'd just stuck to the black leather watch my dad had gifted me on my eighteenth birthday and after just applying the little makeup from what I'd hurriedly packed from home, I knew I was presentable.

"My, you're here already, Rosa and also dressed, interesting. I didn't take a good look at you earlier." He smiled at me through the seven foot mirror frame and went back to adjusting his tie like he'd been doing for close to a Twenty seconds now.

"Are you set to have breakfast sir?" I asked with clear voice, my face devoid of any emotion.

The smile on his face disappeared, replaced by a threatening glare and I tried not to show how nervous that made me. If I was his babysitter, then I better start acting like one.

Well, we would have to get a more presentable name for my occupation here, of course.

"Call me Gonzalo." He bit out sharply.

"I wa-"

"Gonzalo, Rosa." He bit out with a stern glare, observing me through the mirror and fumbling for his tie as if he was going to choke himself. My breathing quickened but I chested out with strengthened resolve.

"I was instructed to call you young master or 'sir'." I defied his command even firmer now, relentlessly matching his gaze for some brief seconds.

Agatha's pointed stare of warning was clear when she gave me the instruction and I took orders from her, not him. Also, her beady eyes were enough to drill the information through my head as she firmly gave me the said instructions.

Gonzalo chuckled and I looked up at him. Was something funny or were we cracking jokes here?

"Agatha!" He suddenly thundered.

Startled, I squeaked while staring at him with wide eyes. The tray in my hand shook so I quickly dropped it on a stool far away from him before resuming my position. My heart was beating harshly by each passing second, slamming against my ribcage.

"Sir, I think yo-" I blinked furiously.

Gonzalo shut his eyes tightly and opened them, a wide grin appearing on his face.

"You keep shut, my dear. Now take your seat on that sofa." He smiled at me while pointing to the sofa two feet from me and then he went back to adjusting his tie, facing the mirror.

"Agatha!" He thunder louder than the first time.

I sat quickly on the sofa with rigid muscles.

Had I put Agatha in trouble? Certainly not, considering the fact that those were her clear instructions I was only following. I wasn't in the wrong.

"Yes sir?" A somewhat unorganized Agatha rushed in, her shirt surprisingly unbuttoned - since she was always coordinated and prim- and her usually neatly tied hair was still down, covering her bony shoulders.