Chapter 2

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote and comment your thoughts. I love reading them ❤

Word count: 2033

*

"I am hungry, Rosa."

"Hungwee." Greta and Leonardo both whined at the same time while I could merely stare at them. It had been a month days since we got to Italy and got this one room apartment.

The neighbors staying opposite this room were lousy, always playing this rock band songs in the highest speakers and unlike before, I now realized I would have to sometimes rock Greta before she could go to sleep.

I didn't know she sometimes had difficulty sleeping and this made me miss my mother badly, knowing she would have known this bit of information.

And I sometimes woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of disturbing noises from neighbors fighting, something that would only happen if you rented a very cheap apartment in a local area.

It would be rude of me to go and knock on the loud neighbors door asking them to turn down the music so I just had to ignore the constant banging, though it was hard to do so.

I dropped my new phone, silently praying I would get a feedback soon from the family I had just applied to work for on this nanny online site.

The family in question lived a city away from us and I would have to find a way to care for my younger ones if they were going to accept me as their nanny. Based on the job descriptions though, the family was very wealthy. And the ad constantly popped up on my phone whenever I came online. It didn't matter what I was doing, as long as I had internet connection, the ad would pop-up. Since the pay was handsome, I decided to apply.

Thank goodness I would only have to take care of a child if I got accepted. It would be easy, since I had younger ones and was used to children.

"Here." I handed them both the reminders of the Mushroom Risotto we had earlier and decided to go for a stroll. I'd withdrawn the money in my account and with me being jobless, and spending the money from the car I'd sold. Also, I'd gotten a new phone immediately we arrived here. "When you're done eating, turn on the television."

"Okay." Leonardo nodded. They ate and I watched them for a while.

But I badly needed to go on a stroll, I needed to think because I had lots of things on my mind.

Some people here spoke English, which was really helpful because I wasn't sure I could manage listening to only thick Italian.

I grew up with French accents around me but my parents had heavy Italian accents so I and my siblings picked it from them. Still, we spoke mostly English at home.

Part of why I needed this stroll was to brain storm.

Would it be necessary for us to change our names and identities?

I and Greta had red hairs which we got from our mother but Leonardo's hair was raven black. Very shiny like our dad's.

"I'm going for a stroll." I announced with a huff when they were halfway into the meal.

Leonardo opened his mouth but clamped it shut when I gave him a mini glare.

He knew he wasn't supposed to talk while eating.