Chapter 16

Word count: 1928

Please comment your country for a shout-out

Rosa's POV

*

"Hello, Mr Rodriguez, Mrs. Rodriguez. I've heard a lot about you and it's nice to finally meet you." I greeted the beautiful middle aged woman and her husband who had some features that would make one realize he was indeed related to my boss and boyfriend, Gonzalo.

The older lady approached me with a warm smile and I stretched out my hand for her to shake but instead she pulled me into a hug.

This was the image I had in mind when I took the first few flight of stairs from the passage just now. It was what I'd thought I would see when I finally alighted the last flight of stairs and entered the large sitting room.

But like my assumptions from the beginning when I started working here— with the thought that I would be working as a nanny to a little child— which didn't happen that way, I was proven wrong. Again.

My smile fell and a gasp escaped my lips as I took in my surroundings.

A broken bottle.

What was left of a shattered TV, which was still screwed to the wall along with scattered electronic devices and wires dangling in the air which had been pulled out from wherever they'd been once connected to.

Two broken flower vases and an equally shattered glass center table.

As few broken portraits, lying on the floor in ruins.

A woman in purple fitted gown had her hands covering her mouth while a man, who surprisingly enough, had a striking resemblance to Gonzalo and just looked a bit older older were standing close to the hallway leading to the maids quarters.

Gonzalo was yelling in gibberish, his eyes cold and frightening. Deep down, he looked like he was far away from us in mind even though his body was present in the room.

I was on his left, so even if he couldn't see me, I could see him and read his facial expression clearly enough to know he was furious at the moment.

"Gonzalo?"

He picked a painting and threw it against the wall, leaving the glass to shatter and scatter around.

"Gonzalo! What is this? What happened?" My tone was frantic but I tried to ask the question softly, knowing that would grab his attention faster.

At the sound of my voice, he suddenly blinked and then slowly turned around. "Rosa?"

His facial expression went from cold and dangerous to warm and gentle in an instant, so fast that it made my heartbeat flip in fear.

"Yes?" My voice came out a little shaky than intended.

We were still together thirty minutes ago where we were debating about making out all the time or just occasionally so we could take things slow. Then what happened when I left?

Gonzalo immediately rushed to me and checked me from head to toe, making me turn around. I tried to stop him because his right hand was bleeding and staining the tiled floor with the drops of blood but he just wouldn't allow me.

He took more pride in turning me around to make sure I was perfectly alright.

I gave Romeo a questioning look but he just motioned with his hand for me to be calm.

"Gonzalo, what happened here? Your hand. It's bleeding." I panicked.

"You're here." Gonzalo commented as if I was supposed to be somewhere else.