Chapter 27

Word count: 3861

Follow me for updates on new chapters and my upcoming stories ♥️

Gonzalo's POV

*

I woke up to sudden movement beside me. Squinting to adjust my eyes to the darkness, I saw Rosa fumbling around as she sat up.

"Shit! We slept off in his bed..." Her feminine voice groaned. I held back a chuckle at her cuteness.

Everything that happened few weeks ago was still very fresh in my memory. Ever since then, approximately five weeks ago, I'd started coming home late because of the numerous meetings I started attending. I also made sure she always came home with four of my most skilled bodyguards and sometimes Jim also accompanied them.

Nowadays, I'd leave in the morning and get in late at night. All this was just to form an alliance and end my enemy.

And the cause of all the troubles I went through in life.

But I was grateful that one of those challenges brought Rosa to me, the place he least expected!

My enemy threatened me that night, he intended to use her to get to me. The truth was that I wasn't afraid of him but he'd now found my weakness.

My spitfire and fiery redhead was my weakness. I would do anything for her. Anything!

I sighed softly and slowly parted my eyes to the view of Rosa digging her hands into her hair with both hands, her lower lip tucked firmly between her teeth.

She grumbled about some things I couldn't understand and then hissed, going on her knees to look around.

Why was she fidgeting?

Then she stopped and exhaled loudly before sitting with her back resting on the pillow.

She faced me and I quickly shut my eyes, curious of what my little Rosa would do.

I felt her warm palm on my forehead and then she leaned in and softly pecked my lips.

She giggled and hushed herself instantly, as if sensing I would wake up if she continued her antics.

I felt her trail her finger pad over my forehead gently, then over my brows and down my nose. Then she brought the finger down to my lips and took her hand off.

I subdued a groan and felt myself hardening in my pants. Even if she didn't touch me, I always had this reaction every morning before I went to take a shower but with her being so close to me, I had to control myself from pulling her down and ravishing her.

But all my rational thoughts flew out of my head when she returned the finger and traced my lips again.

Groaning, I pulled her down on me, ignoring her surprised yelp while I rolled us over so she was on top.

"Gonzalo!" Her morning breath fanned my face and I held my breath for a while. Stretching my hand over my headrest, I picked a wrap of mint and tore it with my teeth before popping it into my mouth.

"Your wandering hands are a little distracting." I told her and before she could speak, I planted my lips on hers, using my teeth to cut part of the mint and passing it into her mouth.

I sometimes had morning breath and I knew it wasn't pleasing. The last thing I wanted was to rush her to the hospital and get told by the doctor that she died due to inhalation of bad breath.

Courtesy of my morning breath.

"Did I wake you?" She asked breathlessly, chewing on the mint as she squinted in the barely illuminated room.