Chapter 5

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! Happy reading :-)

Word count: 2138

Rosa's POV

*

I took a sip of my coffee and dabbed at the sides of my mouth. Living in the mansion for three days had been interesting so far. Finally, today was the day I would be starting work.

And a little part of me was dreading it...okay a big part of me was dreading it.

And that was because I'd been told I have to babysit the young master, aka Gonzalo by following him around and the first place we would be visiting after leaving home, was the tattoo shop. I had to babysit him by making sure he didn't throw a tantrum- at least that was what I gathered from Agatha's words.

"Rosa?" My brother's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

My hands shook a little and I dropped the cup of coffee on the tray quickly, only just realizing it had been burning me for the past good couple of seconds while I was staring into nothingness.

"Yes Leo? Eat on time. You have to be in your new school by 8 o'clock." I told him quickly and looked towards Greta who was playing with some toys I scattered around her while Leo fed himself and I fed her.

Relief slowly flooded into me as I looked between the both of them and around this room. It was beautifully furnished and I had requested to stay here with my siblings though Agatha made me know there might be a need to have them stay in their own rooms with a maid attending to each of them.

It would all depend on how well my handling the young master panned out.

Now I was glad I filled that online job application days ago.

At least I knew my siblings and I were safe. And this family, according to what I had heard from the young master- who thought there was need to tell me bits about himself and his job - was related to an Italian Mafia organization. That was scary, needless to say.

But it didn't feel as scary as the men constantly visiting my mama in their SUV. And she'd hinted at the fact that they could sexually assault ladies whenever they felt threatened, or even assault a little girl. That was where I would draw the line.

These people would protect us because to me, they were the lesser evils.

So we were totally safe with guards positioned around the whole estate.

I was still yet to meet Gonzalo's parents and the maids never spoke to each other, even in the corridors or kitchen.

I could almost guess they were sworn to silence or something.

"The driver said a guy named Timmy will pick and drop me at school from now on." Leo cleared his throat and dropped the jar of jam in the tray, getting up to smoothen the invincible wrinkles on his school uniform.

I went around the table to check Greta's braid, smiling when I confirmed that Leo did it well before he got on with his breakfast.

"Yes. Timmy will be your new driver from now. Don't forget what I told you. You mustn't fight with anyone and try to control your anger if someone calls you new boy, please. Greta has a maid taking care of her so you don't have to get worried about anything." I smiled politely.

Leo was now spreading jam over Greta's bread and handling it to me but he stopped what he was doing and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You will allow someone take care of her?!" He asked in an exasperated tone.

I knew where this was coming from. Apart from him, I was quick to attend to her before any of the maids here could even volunteer such. So he was probably worried that I was now going to leave her in the arms of a random person.