Chapter 45

Word count: 2800

Gonzalo's POV

*

I could feel myself floating in a state of subconsciousness. A lucid state.

My head felt hazy and turning felt difficult even as I groaned in confusion and groggily turned on my side and then I slipped back to slumber.

I woke abruptly with a strange feeling of grogginess enveloping me like a thick blanket. Sighing, I got up and grabbed my head, feeling beads of sweat on my forehead which I frowned at because my room was fully air-conditioned.

"Babe?" I called as I looked around for my wife who surprisingly wasn't beside me.

We usually cuddled while sleeping and I loved the feel of my manhood pressed against her soft butt cheeks, knowing she was finally mine forever. It helped me sleep better and not wake up cranky the next morning but why wasn't she in bed with me right now?

Maybe she went to check on Greta. But it was strange, because I usually woke up before her. Also, it was already daybreak.

I checked the time on the nightstand and my frown deepened. Seven O'Clock.

I'd never woken up at seven O'Clock since the past ten to twelve years or thereabout. It was habitual of me to wake up two hours earlier than this though I might not get out of bed and just stare at Rosa while she slept before finally getting out of the bed and beginning my day.

Shaking my head as I threw the covers off my lower part, I wondered why there was this ominous feeling in my heart that just wouldn't go.

Something felt wrong though I couldn't say what. 

"Babe?" I stepped out of bed stark naked and walked around while waiting for her response but it didn't come.

I shrugged and checked the bathroom and walk-in closet but she also wasn't there so I went straight to Greta's room but the maid told me she hadn't even seen her at all this morning. I was a light sleeper so I would've noticed when she got out of our bed. But whenever we made love, it would go on for more than an hour sometimes and I might only wake up several minutes past five in the morning so maybe that was why I didn't notice.

Still, I checked the kitchen and the gym but she wasn't in any of these places.

Feeling the sudden apprehension beginning to build inside me, I asked the maids around for her but they made me know that they hadn't seen her at all this morning.

Ten minutes later, my men had swept the whole mansion clean and there was no sight of my wife. Instantly, I walked to the security room to check the CCTV footage, praying that she hadn't fainted somewhere or done something stupid to hurt herself.

To an extent, I knew it was my fault.

I should've known something was wrong last night when she demanded sex and also went ahead to threaten me with her having sex with one of my men if I rejected her advances. We'd fucked like rabbits last night and then after going at it in the bedroom and bathroom, she'd still said she wanted to do it one more time.

Then she'd told me how much she loved me while we had hot sex, riding me to ecstacy where I finally slept off. She'd been so passionate, kissing me all over and dare I say there had been this switch of emotions that she emitted. She'd told me she loved me so much and would forever be mine but lost in so much passion as she gyrated her hips, I hadn't been smart enough to understand that something was seriously bothering her. 

Now I knew I couldn't be more wrong about my assumptions. I'd thought she was being emotional because of her brother's kidnap.

I even let her ride me cowgirl style till we were both spent. It was the guilt of Leo's kidnap and the fact that she accused me of not wanting to please her that didn't allow me think straight.