Chapter 32

Word count: 2469

Mia's POV

*

Regardless of whatever I'd initially thought about Mia, she was actually a nice company. Yes she was a chatterbox and had no restrictions when it came to asking questions, but it could be managed if we eventually became friends. After all, no one is perfect.

Funny enough, we had so many things to talk about. She told me lots of things about what was going on in the entertainment industry. While we were in France, I never paid attention to such things because it just never freaked me.

She told me about celebrities and their ways of life and the ups and downs of being a celebrity slash public figure. The eyes of the public would constantly be on you and you must be careful with each step you take because one could be condemned and dragged on social media for it till they even got depressed or decided to go into hiding for a while.

I knew celebrities also sometimes had a hard life but was it worth it when every wrong step they made would be criticised?

This was the reason I could never be a celebrity.

I loved and cherished my private space and I wouldn't mind bashing a paparazzi or two if they didn't get the memo to leave me or my loved ones alone! And then the public or my so-called fans would probably condemn my acts some more.

While we continued our conversation, Leonardo focused his full attention on the games on his phone, getting immersed in it for about two hours. Greta on the other hand, slept off and Margaret placed her on the bed Gonzalo had been sleeping on.

After a while, Romeo came to pick them.

"Get well soon sis." Leo told me, pecking my forehead.

Greta roused awake just as Romeo lifted her and with wide eyes, she reached for me, clinging on my hospital gown.

"Yozaaa." She shouted.

I opened my arms out and collected her from Romeo.

"What's it mama? You don't want to go home?" I asked softly.

"Nooo Yoza. Play with Yoza." She pecked my cheek and bounced on my thighs.

"No you can't, because you have to go back home for now. I'll be home soon, okay? Be a good girl and go with Romeo."

She shook her head lazily, her eyes still heavy with sleep. "No. Stayyy."

"No Greta, I have to take my medication here. Okay, please. I love you baby. I'll come home soon, I promise." I pecked her rosy cheek while she suddenly got distracted by my wedding ring, playing with it and not minding us.

She didn't want to leave me but Leo carried her and gently patted her till she behaved and allowed Romeo carry her.

As they were leaving, Diego stepped in with Mia's husband.

She instantly stopped chattering with me and brought out her phone to start typing on it.

Gonzalo gave Romeo some instructions and then allowed him leave with my siblings.

"You're back." I observed and checked him out. He'd taken off his suit jacket and now had only his black shirt and black pants on.

"Yes, how are you doing?" He asked, coming over to place his palm on my forehead.

"I'm fine. What are you doing?" I swatted his hand away and he frowned at this, narrowing his eyes at me and returning his hand to my forehead.

"I'm checking your temperature. I called my parents, they should be here anytime soon."