Chapter 41

Word count: 3518

Follow me for more updates on all my works ♥️

Rosa's POV

*

The feeling of lips on my cheek made me groan.

"Wakey wakey."

"I'm tired."

"It's past nine already

"So?" I grumbled and snuggled further into the duvet, turning my back to him so he would get the memo and leave me alone.

"So it's time to brush your teeth, my love."

"Go to work, Gonzalo. You're disturbing my sleep." I moaned in annoyance as I felt his hand moving over my butt through the duvet but he chuckled and pulled the duvet off me.

"Gonzalo, if you don't sto-"

"I made you breakfast in bed." He said in an excited tone, cutting me off. That made the sleep instantly wipe out of my system as my eyes shot open as if the house was on fire.

"What the- You can't even cook to save your soul Gonzalo." I whisper yelled as I turned around and quickly sat up in alarm. That was when my eyes came face to face with a tray.

He was already standing in front of me beside the bed, giving me a dimpled smile. I eyed the tray suspiciously, then looked up at Diego who was looking so effortlessly handsome with his bed hair.

My eyes trailed over his form, licking the side of my lower lip.

His pajama bottoms was dangling at the side, showing of the left part of his v-shape below the navel. My eyes narrowed at the spot and I lifted my gaze to give him an accusing stare.

"Did you go downstairs like this?"

He frowned and looked down at himself. "Yes?"

"W-with you showing this much skin?" My eyes went wide with disbelief.

"No. I'm putting on a singlet and pajama bottoms."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I looked away. What was wrong with me? Why was I acting like a jealous wife?

"Wait, are you upset that I went into the kitchen like this? I can't wear suit to the kitchen, you know? Or, are you jealous that the maids got to see me this way?"

"What if I am? I don't want the workers swooning over you. Anyway, Let's see what you made. I bet it would be good. Did you get assistance from the cooks?" I quickly changed the subject so it wouldn't get in his head that I was jealous.

"Hmm. You know I can't cook to save my life but I wanted to do something for you." He smiled as he sat, bringing the tray closer. 

Scrambled eggs that looked quite reddish with noodles, two cups of orange juice and two apples by the side. Tomatoes had been sliced into the noodles in large rings.

"This is-" I smiled and hope it didn't come off as a grimace. "it looks okayish. Let's have a bite...after I brush my teeth." I gave him a cheeky grin and quickly went to brush my teeth, pecking his lips when I returned and took my position on the bed once more.

I forked a small portion of the noodles and rolled it, then took a bite.

My eyes widened slightly as the delicate taste of the seasoning settled on my taste buds and I sucked in a deep breath of appreciative air in. It was good. The addition of the tomatoes gave it a rich taste.

"What do you think?" Gonzalo pressed his lips together, anticipation evident in his face as he waited for my review.

His dimples were even more obvious with the way he pressed his lips into a thin line. I giggled, suddenly feeling very happy.