Chapter 33

Word count: 2129

Rosa's POV

*

I got discharged this morning and was taken away from the hospital.

Louis Fernandez's words from yesterday were still ringing in my head. He said Gonzalo had gotten injured on the retrieval operation they had while rescuing the girl psycho Ray kidnapped.

I looked sideways at the man working on his laptop with his full concentration.

The bruise on his lip from the car accident had now healed and also the mark on his forehead wasn't as ugly as it looked a few days ago.

My eyes moved to his shoulders as I wondered where he was wounded. It was likely a gun shot and not knife.

The question was burning on my tongue but I didn't want to suddenly go back to how things were between us because that could give him leverage to do something impulsive again in the future, knowing I would forgive him easily.

I wanted him to hurt for what he did.

I scooted closer to him and leaned in to check what he was doing on his laptop, bumping my head on his shoulder.

He made an oomph sound, making me back away. "Oh, are you okay?"

"Yes. Do you need something?" He asked me, eyeing me warily.

"I just wanted to see what you were working on."

"Company matters, you shouldn't concern yourself with that now because you need rest. Did you try to rest your head on my shoulder just now?"

"Uh, I-- yes." I shrugged.

He shut his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose, moving the fingers to the middle of his eyes and rotating the two fingers gently.

Then he opened his eyes. "Okay. Rest your head gently. My shoulder is a little bit sore."

"Why is it sore?" I asked with a squint as if I had no knowledge of his injury.

"A little accident."

He reached out to move my head closer to his shoulder so I could rest it there but I shook my head, scowling at his stubbornness. Would it kill him to tell me he got shot?

"Take off your suit."

"What? No. Why do-"

"I'm not asking Gonzalo, I'm ordering you."

He gave me a look of bewilderment. "Why?"

"If you're not willing to do that, then I'll do it myself." My scowl deepened and I reached for his neck but he heaved a sigh, gently placed the laptop beside him and then took off his jacket.

There was a bulge on the left shoulder, obviously from it being wrapped by a bandage. 

I gasped at the sight of it. "Is it painful?" I gently reached forward and touched it, caressing the spot with my fingertips.

"It was painful before, but not anymore. Your soothing fingers have taken away the pain."

I snapped out of my daze and pulled my hand away. "You shouldn't wear too much clothing so it won't irritate the edges and cause itching."

"Thanks darling. I'll take off my clothes as soon as we get home." He chuckled and gave me one of his rare, dimpled smiles making my breath stutter.

I looked away, frowning at the annoyingly good effect he had on me.

When we got home, I didn't wait for him to alight and open the door for me. Instead, I got down from the other side but he was faster, walking around and putting an arm over my waist to pull me into his body.