Chapter 29

Word count: 2006

Please leave a vote and comment your thoughts on the chapter. Also, share with your friends and loved ones.

Rosa's POV

*

I could feel myself floating in the air. I looked around, at the void that surrounded me. So much bleakness, even when I took two steps forward, and walked further and further into the emptiness.

I reached out but could only grasp air. I couldn't take a deep breath, I could only manage to exist and survive in whatever this place was.

I felt pressure on my hand and lifted it but there was nothing. I wasn't being pulled by any force, I was alone in this place. Wherever it was.

I couldn't even try to hold my breath so I'd pass out for a while and perhaps wake up somewhere else because none of that was possible.

I'd lost all ability to do anything as comfortably as it was humanely possible.

Slowly, dejectedly, my body crouched into a kneeling position which I took partial comfort in and then I slowly slid onto the ground to curve myself into a ball and hope that whatever this was, it would soon come to an end.

Then I wouldn't be surrounded by a large mass of void, of bleakness and tortuous nothingness.

*

"What happened to her?"

"Shh, I'll explain everything later. I just brought you guys to check on her. She needs your support at this time."

"Okay. I hope you dealt with the bastards that did this to her. You promised to take care of her."

"And I meant every word, Leo. Now you can get your grumpy behind in there and check her for a few minutes before leaving to read for your next exam or you can stand here and criticize me and my wi- girlfriend."

"Whatever. I have my eyes on you, Gonzalo."

"Brat."

"Hi sis. Your grumpy boss said you got into some accident and you've been sleeping since last night. Please wake up soon because Greta has been grumpy without you around. She's been calling your name. Don't sleep for too long okay? And I'll make sure to keep myself and Greta safe. Love you."

"Jim, take them back home. Make sure they have their dinner before going to bed. And remind Romeo take care of Aliza. He should sort her out fast. Now go."

"Yes boss."

"Please don't leave her alone, Gonzalo."

"I wouldn't, even if someone tried to drag me out of here. Now follow Jim. I'll video call you when she wakes."

*

I could feel a dull throb on my head. It was pulsing rhythmically, making me release a raspy moan.

I slowly parted my eyelids and blinked at the sight of white ceiling greeting me.

"Where am I?" I rasped. And why did it feel like I'd been hit by a truck?

Frowning at the unknown ceiling color- it wasn't mine or Gonzalo's- I tried to sit up but my shoulders ached and I groaned out loud.

"Rosa? Baby you're awake." Gonzalo's voice filtered through my ears and I looked towards the sound of his voice to see him removing his glasses and walking closer to me.

I frowned at the sight of his glasses. He didn't like wearing glasses.

And when did he get that gold ring on his finger?