Chapter 24

Word count: 2454

Rosa's POV

*

The whole ride to our date was filled with anticipation as I wondered what Gonzalo had planned. He remained tight lipped each time I tried to find out what this date would be like and at the moment, I'd ran out of ideas completely.

After twenty minutes of driving, we took a turn where there were no other cars passing by but the road was tarred and this gave me some comfort that I was safe with my unpredictable boyfriend.

But the confidence didn't last for long because about ten minutes after, the driver turned into a deserted area just filled with bushes and trees on the left and right.

I blinked in confusion and as if sensing my worries, Gonzalo, who was busy on his laptop, picked my left hand which he'd been caressing and pecked the back of it.

I gave him a confused look and he smiled warmly at me.

"What's going on in that head of yours?"

"Where are we going exactly?"

"You'll see. And I know you'll love it."

I doubted that, not with the trees and bushes surrounding us.

But there were three other cars behind us and one in front so I knew we would be safe if anything happened.

The cars finally stopped in front of a large black gate.

I was confused as we got down.

Why would someone have a property this deep in the bush?

"We've arrived, let's get down." Gonzalo warmly told me.

Nodding, I alighted and he did so on the other side, with two of his men holding the doors open for us on both sides.

The cold hit me and I thanked my lucky stars that I brought a jacket with me.

Picking it, I shut the door and melted into him a little when Gonzalo came from his side to pull me into him and check me out as if he'd not done enough of that when we were at home.

But I wasn't complaining anyway.

I loved his eyes on me.

I wore a black tank top and dark blue denim pants while my my black jeans carefully rested on my shoulder so I could don it on the moment I started feeling cold. My hair was still in its wavy length since yesterday morning when I curled it so I didn't do anything to it except parting it at the center of my forehead so it could flow down my shoulders and back.

I did a bit of makeup since this was my first date with Gonzalo. Just the basics with mascara, eyeliner, red lipstick and a bit of blush on my cheeks.

Then I finished it off with a comfortable two inch black glass slippers with hook on the sides.

Gonzalo wore something similar. Dark blue jeans and black shirt and black shoes but he brushed up nice, especially his hair which was deliciously scattered over his head as if he put so much effort into scattering it.

"Are you prepared for my surprise?"

"I don't know Gonzalo, honestly." I shrugged.

"You'll love it, really." He pecked my earlobe and I shuddered a little at the tingling sensation that sped through me.

"Let's go then." I said.

"Nu-huh. Close your eyes, it's a surprise after all." He gave me a playful wink.